Crash landing on you


The drama's preview was poping up on my Netflix for a while. Saw it, but wasn't sure if it was nice. Somehow I wasn't convinced to watch k-drama about North Korea. Even though I like political aspects in the serieses it didn't buy me. What I was curious about is how did the put the romance between citizens of two contested countries. Finally, thanks to the huge amount of free time in 2020, some recommendations online and from friends, I decided to watch it.

And that was it.

Probably this is why you have friends.

I was gone.

One episode was enough.

I felt in love 💘

This is one of the best serie I have ever watched. Ok, I haven't seen many k-dramas so far (I already feel I will say many more) but this was just WOW. Maybe the story is not exactly plosable to happen but it doesn't change the fact that it was shown incredibly realistic. The situation in the North and large contrast with the South was presented in a very balanced and neutral way. Now I know why Crash landing on you has gained such viewership and popularity! 😍😍 The series was aired by tvN and Netflix between 2019 and 2020 and happened to be the highest rated tvN drama and the third highest-rated South Korean drama in history. That means I am not the only one that will be crazy about it 😎😅😇

In short what it is about.
Yoon Se-ri is an South Korean chaebol (eng. heir) to conglomerate. Her existance is an issue for her brothers (only by father's gens) and stepmother therefore she founds her own company: Se-ri's Choice, which makes her independent and wealthy. On the other side, the northen side, we have Captain Ri Jeong Hyeok. He is a North Korean army officer and son of vice-marshal of Korean People's Army. While paragliding, Se-ri experiences a sudden weather change and lands in North Korea. When she notices soldiers, she decides to run deeper into the land, thinking that its her country and ends up in a small village. When first of many dangers strikes upon Se-ri, Captain Ri shields her from intelligence authorities who have been informed about a possible illegal border crossing.

There everything starts. Captain Ri brings Se-ri into his home and order his four subordinate officers to protect her from oppressive Cho Cheol-Gang, Lieutenant Commander in the North Korean Armed Forces' Security Bureau. Jeong Hyeok continously plans to smuggle Se-Ri back to the South but in meantime she must learn the secrets and rules of living in North Korea

Serie consits of everything what is needed - culture shock, forbidden romance (almost like Romeo and Juliet!), diverse family dramas, political affairs, gun shots, chases and comedy. The story is incredibly unique and I don't know when asian serieses happened to be so good. Together with Mystic Pop-Up Bar, which I have just started, I am sold for korean dramas 💚 They show something more than typical American stupid love stories where everything is predictable from first 10 minutes. What's more, Crash landing on you shows not only rich and freespirited life in South Korea but also the limited one in the North. Everything is based on big contrasts in living standards, rules and dreams. No character lacked a story and an explanation of why they are who they are. Both leads and secondary characters where wholesome.

Not saying about the chemistry between the main character! From the moment the characters started to spend more time together (around Episode 3-4), the atmosphere begins to thicken and feelings begin to emerge. Despite the fact that they are really great actors, they could not hide the feeling between them. I couldn't be more happy to know that they got married in real life!😍

 Funny that people can love and hate one thing at the same time because as much as I adore this show, I want to forget that I saw it. There is not one thing I like about this show. The whole drama is so overwhelming and fantastically composed that you can watch it again and again. I hate that I saw it all as now nothing will be as good. I already feel it 😅😭

SPOILER ALLERT!
Ok maybe there is one thing (or 2) that I would change. I wish we could see more scenes with the side characters and secondary lovestory of Seo Dan and Gu Seung-Jung. Also I wish there was a season 2 because the ending they presented was not good enough.... I mean, it's now what I was hoping for. They suffered so much, been through so much that they deserve to be together happy ever after 😭😭👫

Comments

Popular Posts