The King: Ethernal Monarch


Today is my birthday (yey me!) and at midnight I have finished The King drama. I must admit, it was not what I was expecting. Plot was interesting and I wanted to give another kdrama a chance. First episodes evere confusing because of 2 parallel worlds and past stories inbetween but OH.MY.GOD! 😱If this is how kdramas in general goes like, I think I found my thing 😲 This serie was so so so good that I couldn't stop watching it. 
And the lead! 😍 Lee Min-Ho .... Are all koreans so handsome? I'm sorry to say that but I had never expect that 😅 I've gown up with north-american and european actors and singers like Brat Pitt, Pierce Brosnan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Garou, etc. Tall, muscular, manly man.... and here we have subtle man, still tall, but with subtle beauty not showing much of his body (I wish he would tho 😈😇) I'm totally dumbfounded by change of my preferences.


Let's go back to the drama itself.

It starts in parallel world where Korea is not divided, there was no war and Lee Gon is it's emperor. He is viewed by the citizens as the perfect leader but no one know than when he was eight years old, his father was murdered in front of him by Gon's uncle. Today, instead of rulling the country he prefers to escape the palace. During one of his escapades, he sees himself propelled into "our" world where he meets Jeong Tae Eul (Eun Kim Do), a police officer. It is hard for him to adapt to the new world and new surounding but with her and her's co-workers help he is able to solve the mistery behind his fathers death and finds misterious girl that protected him years ago. 

The synopsis is a bit vague but I don't want to give you too much information and spoil the serie. What I can add is that both worlds consist of the same people but their realities are totally different. In one world Jo Eun Sub (Hwan Woo Do 💓 I am now on a quest to find kdrama with him in a lead.... I'm in love!) is a right hand of the kind and in the other his name is Jo Young and he works with Jeong Tae Eul. It's quite fun to see how different the life can go with certain events won't take place.

Acting in the drama is top. It doesn't feel like thye actors are playing their role, they are the role. Hardly ever you can see so well paired actor and the fictional character. Were the roles written for them? After watching Crash landing on you, which in my opinion is totally excelent, i'm really impressed by korean acting skills. I know I know... I sound racist. The thing is that I had never associate Far East with entertrainment sector. Those 2 serieses are definately changing my view on that. 

To sum up, watch it people if you haven't done it yet because its worth it. Now I'm curious about korean productions and must verify is they are all so good. See you at next review!


 

Woo Do Hwan steals the drama with his totally amazing face. Lee Min Ho is gorgeous but the lead must be. Secondary handsome character is an amazing addition to the show.

Comments

Popular Posts