Goblin


If there was a competition for the most frequently mentioned drama on internet forums, Goblin would be at the forefront. This is one of the so-called "basic dramas for k-drama-fans" together with Boys over flowers, Heirs and True Beauty. I am super happy that I could finally watch it on VikiRakuten as it is not available on Netflix 😥 thanks to the platform I have found my next new love - no, not the Goblin - 💞 Lee Dong - Wook 💕 if this is how Grim Reapers look like, I am ready .... to have a romance with him 😁

Quickly what is it about:
Long time ago Kim Shin was a general in Goryeo's army who was killed and cursed. Since then, he wanders around the world, both wanting and unwilling to find Goblin's bride who would free him from this torment. The mortal bride must pull out the sword out of his chest and finally end his life. One day, he accidentally meets a young student, Ji Eun Tak, who, despite her tragic life, is still positive and knows that one day things will get better. She suddenly claims to be the Goblin's bride and that she knows how to help him. What seemed to be so easy, turned out to be impossible when the two fall in love.


I see why people are raving about this show. The story is incredible, the characters are a whole piece with beautiful backgrounds and once I've started to watch it, I was thinking about it most of the day at work. Kim Eun Sook, the screenwriter, did a hell of a job and created an unforgetable drama. But .... as it was unforgetable as much I was not fully sold on it. Why? THE FEMALE LEAD. 

When it comes to the males - they ware amazing. The chemistry between them was flawless and this part I will never deny nor forget. Loved it 😍😈😇 but Ji Eun Tak played by Kim Go Eun was driving me nuts. Her character was annoying and I don't understand how Goblin would fell in love with her. She was a traumatised child who decided to something fun as help a goblin die. Nothing from being a woman that you would like to spend the rest of the life with. There is so many reviewers praising this actress how incredible she was but for me she was not a good fit. Sunny (Yoo In Na) on the other hand, was fantastic. This is the character of a goblin bride! Not a baby that is constantly crying. If people are praising how well Kim Go Eun can play an annoying child then yes - she should receive an Oscar for that. 

I enjoyed watching this drama for most of the time - tried to overlook the female lead and focused on others 😉 It was relaxing to look at the great cinematography and thrilling sceneries. I'm one of those that still belive in magic therefore I felt in love with the idea of supernatural beings such as ghosts, goblins, grim reapers and faires living among humans. I wish to think that they indeed exist among us and that we just don't see them.


Although I finished watching this series quite a while ago (I forgot to write a review in time again😅) to this day, a certain aspect of the goblin's history bothers me. Because why the Grim Reaper became a soul collector is clearly explained: "Those who commit suicide and take their own lives become soul collectors", in the series they say exactly how long or how many souls they have to collect. But in the case of the goblin, it is not so directly shown, Kim Shin comes to the palace, the sister is there, the king is afraid of him for some reason and suddenly he is killed. I don't understand 1. why he was killed and 2. why he was actually cursed, it's not his fault they killed him?! 😵😬😩 can someone explain me that? Did I miss somethin in the drama? 😓

As the romance and goblin's story were not the best, the story of Grim Reaper and Sunny was excelent 💛 I know I am not the only one who says that but let me write it: These two need their own show! Their story from then till now, though a bit tragic, was breathtaking (excelent writting and magnificent acting). Although I saw them for the first time, they were perfectly casted actors, I would be able to choose anyone better from any of the actors I already know. Their facial and body expression with acting skills were so good that created characters will remain unforgettable 💜 Goblin with his fiancée, unfortunately, did not make such an impression on me. His relationship with the Grim Reaper was more iconic than his fiancée 😂😅😬 This is what makes me to not to regret watching this drama. I still had a great time watching. Although the last three episodes felt too draggy and less enjoyable, but it still had some good moments. 


Are you looking for something that will stick you to the TV screen? Well, you found it! If you like shows that contain at least 4 of the list below, then this is the perfect show for you. If you come here with MyDramaList, you've probably noticed that it has a huge amount of 10/10 reviews. In my opinion, this is completely inadequate because the series, although it is really good, does not deserve more than 7. The story is interesting and departs from typical dramas where love and an attempt to save the other person at all costs preside over them. Unfortunately, the execution did not go as well as the producers would like. For me goblin is 6.5 - 6.75 on 10 point.

✅Romance & bromance 
✅Heartbreaking & crying
✅Laughs & giggles
✅Old secrets
✅Supernatural beings
✅Curses
✅Beautiful men
✅Fulfilling the destiny

Comments

Popular Posts