Mysterious Love


Wow .... it was one of the more confusing chinese dramas but at the same time it was really enjoyable 😅😲 A lot happened, a lot of people came and went, the side stories were only shortly summarized so I had to focus hard on what was happening because is was easy to get lost. But they managed to create a rather interesting and steamy romance. The words of Li Teng towards Nian Chu "now I let you go, but next time you stay with me here in this house forever" continually echoes in my head .... uffffa

Who are Li Teng and Nian Chu?

Ruan Nian Chu is a theater actress that still waits for her prince. She is cheerful and adorable but hides something big. On the other had there Li Teng, cold and vigilant private secutiry guard. These two met in the past under very dangerous circumstances and waited five years to meet again. Short past encounter allowed them to have a fleeting affair but different life tracks forced them to separate. As the two reunite - feelings are rekindled and steam goes off. 


Further about the protagonists. Nian Chu & Li Teng are strong and independent couple, they are there for each other and no-one else. She makes a valid point that relationship must have trust & truth but it happends to be a kind of funny situation because it takes Li Teng several days (an episode) to understand it and explain to Nian Chu what in what the hell she got into 5 years ago 😵😫 I must admit that Mysterious Love has an unique background and the unexpected discovery of who the nemesis is and how it came into being is a total shock

This drama made me a fan of Tsao Yu Ning 😇😈 He is a good actor that might make it big. I don't know if he is popular in China but I will definatelly look forward seeing more dramas with him. Steamy scenes of him and Nian Chu were impressive and the kisses they exchanged.... jeeeez some man could leeeeearn! Chemisty approved!

The pace of revealing the story was quite fast and it didn't always cover everything we wanted and needed to know to understand the drama. It gave me a dose of unsatisfaction and a desire to go deeper into the show 😈 I was constantly hungry for more and if the drama would be longer I would be fully satisfied 😪 However it cuts in unexpected moment. I wish there were additional 5-6 episodes, so that the boss was defeated, leads get married and were all have a Happy Ever After ending. Because looking at how much has happened between them and in general in their world, they deserve living at ease! And we too! 🙊🙈😆😇


As for the whole thing, I give drama 5,5/10 🙈🙊 Although I love the protagonists and their love story, they were not able to pull the whole series. The roles were satisfactory, but compared to W - Two Worlds, they were missing a lot. The action was there but not tense enough, the story was there also but told too superficially, nemesis as well but thrown at the end when we were partying ways with the show. The huge amount of deficiencies and shortcomings is the main reason why Mysterious Love lands low on my list of dramas. My heart aches to go it that I have to. I felt in love with Nian Chu and Li Teng, but their charisma and chemistry were not enough.



**** BREAKING NEWS ****                   **** BREAKING NEWS ****


During an unexpected conversation with a new friend who also turned out to be a cdrama fan, I came across information that Mystrious Love will have a prequel! OMG 💙💚💛💜

I Googled it later and MyDramaList confirmed it! The prequel is rumored to be titled Come for Love and suppose to have16 episodes. But! When it comes to the description, it doesn't refer at any point to what happened in Mysterious Love. It worried me that they chose the same actors and claim it to be prequel but eventually it will turn out to be completly different storyline. I will try to get some more info about this matter and come back asap 😎😇

Comments

Popular Posts