Marriage Contract. Bittersweet love.


It's official. I found the saddest drama 😭 Until 2 weeks ago, I did not believe that Korean dramas can be so nerve-racking and emotional. I don't think that I will ever take on such a series 😑 Reading about this series, I knew that everything would be about Kang Hye Soo who had a possibly fatal brain tumor .... but (stupid me) I thought it would be like in any other drama so far "the lead never dies" ....

Story starts when Hye Soo agrees to be a liver donor for her new boss’ mother but to do that they have to act like married couple. In exchange, she will receive a significant sum of money that she hopes to leave to her daughter when the brain sugery won't work. The more time they play the more people noticed that something is not right, including her 7-year-old daughter. They both notice that money isn’t the only thing needed to be happy and new find love might be the answer.


Let me put it straight - the series is first-rate 😀 The way the characters are depicted, their story, emotions, and development throughout the show are incredibly real. Throughout the series, you get the impression that they are not actors but everyday people who are not lucky in life with happy moments. The realism of the drama is so striking that you can feel every emotion of the character, you can feel their fear, pain, boundless happiness and sprouting love .... and also together with them you believe that Hye Soo will recover 🙌

Acting is importsnt but script also matters.... and unfortunatelly it wasn't the strongest. Both leads (Uee and Lee Seo Jin) rose to the heights of acting by taking these cliché chaebol and broke girl and make them real like no others. I had never seen these actors before this series, and if they play like that in the other shows, I will definitely follow them 👌👏 Uee may not be the most beautiful of actresses and he is the handsomest of actors, but there is something about them that draws. Personal charisma and acting talent cannot be denied to them 😎 I don't know if such behavior was imposed on them but they mastered the awkward chemistry between Kang Hye Soo and Han Ji Hoon to perfection 😅


Watching the development of the Kang Hye Soo and Han Ji Hoon romance is the show's central action 💘 They gradually and smoothly move from mutual dislike to bittersweet love. This story was great, unfortunately the secondary stories and characters weren't that interesting and polished anymore 😐 Although many of them were played by relatively popular actors such as Kim Yong Gun (Ji Hoon's father), Lee Hwi Hyang (Chairman's mistress), Kim Kwang Gyu (Ji Hoon's friend) and Lee Hyun Kul (Restaurant 'Promise' chef), they lacked something. I'm not saying that they are actors haha no no ... they have talent but they didn't even draw the same emotions from me as the main couple.

Because of bitter-sweet finale and amount of tears it drag out of me 😭 at first I wanted to put the drama in the last place in my ranking. But! I have to admit that it was certainly one of the best drama I've recently watched. I'm also little sad to say goodbye to it as it had everything - amazing performance, heartwarming moments, an adorable little girl, and heartbreaking love story that immersed you completely. My internal conflict wins the brain and leaves the heart to be broken - Marriage Contract will surely find its place high on the list.

Comments

Popular Posts