Fantasy drama: The bride of Habaek - The Watergod


What attracted me to the series was the strong cast (Shin Se-Kyung as lead, Krystal Jung as secondaty character) and the positive words of DeemaLovesDrama. The attraction was at its peak already at the end of first episode. Drama is really a good piece to watch which I would recomend to many. 


Before I start to praise my lovely Shin Se-Kyung, I will start wit synopsis 😇

At first we are taken to the secret underwater world where the change of the ruler is aproaching. Ha Baek is a water god who was born to be the king but to sit on the throne, he must enter the human world and gather the holy stones. While Ha Baek was learning how to be a good rules, a water goddess Moo Ra has been living on Earth for hundreds of years working as an actress. She is a loyal servant of The Watergod as she loves him.

On the other hand we have Yoon So Ah who is a financially struggling neuropsychiatrist. Based on longterm curse on her family, she is forced to serve Ha Baek when he comes to Human World. As the time passes they learn from each other and develop feelings.

We have a classical love triangle corssing with another and another triangle. 
Moo Ra loves Ha Baek so fells in love with So Ah. Meanwhile, Bi Ryum, a wind god has a crush on Moo Ra and on top of that we have a new myserious character that will also fell in love with So Ah. Uffff there is a lot going on over there when it comes to feeling. Ah one more thing! 😂 In the past So Ah was dating By Ryum 😂


As you could already notice in my other reviews I really like Se-Kyung 😅😻 and as always she is fantastic! Her facial expressions, acting talent and emotionality always give her characters great depth. Yoon So Ha had a taugh life and you feel for her. You can feel her pain, her happines and how does she fells for The Watergod. 

When it comes to Nam Joo Hyuk, does not stray far from her talent! 👌 This is my first show with him and I'm sure there will be more. Start-up and Moon Lovers are already on my list! 😎 Ha Baek honestly feels like a being from another world, he is from so different level. 


The Bride of Habaek is one of many dramas based on Webtoon. I must say that whenever I see this info I know it's going to be good. The plots are so thought through with rich backstories of characters, you can really drown in another world. If you are interested in having a look on some of them, I have made a special post about Weboon with list of unique dramas.

What's important to mention is that the drama is a spin-off of Korean manga, if I'm not wrong it has even the same name. Many people were dissapointed how different the drama was to oryginal story therefore they rated it low. For me, a person who treats The Bride of Habaek as a piece on its own with no string attached, drama is a weak 7/10. Why weak? Because I want more of Moo Ra and Bi Ryum story 😪😜 I think they could have their own spin-ff 😅 Besides the acting, the script and cinematography definatelly gets 9/10 because they strongly elevated the show 😎👌

Maybe you won't find here powerful gods' fights to secure their love ones from disaster, but you will find life wisdoms and great time-off with this 16-episode-piece. I totally recommend it for a long spring weekend with a glass of white wine 😁

Comments

Popular Posts