Webtoon. The treasury of drama scripts


Do you know the feeling that everyone is talking about something, some words that you heard for the first time, but they know what's going on and keep going? Probably yes. Everyone knows it 😅 I encountered this when two friends started talking about Webtoons. From that moment on, some time had passed, but the topic kept bothering me 😏 At last! When webtoons were mentioned in the dramas themselves, I had to finally see what it was about!

What I got to know is that webtoons are a digital comics that were created in South Korea and purely meant to be read on computers' or smartphones' screens. At the begining they were not popular in it's homeland but more internationaly. With time the popularity increased and currently printed and non-printed comics are as known. 
Even if you are like me, so person that have never been into manga or any other comicbooks you know how it looks. One page has several drawings and dialogs. Webtoon is very similar but it's not limited but paper size. It's canvas is unlimited therefore subsequent scenes are placed below and not next to each other. It makes reading on the smarhphone, while comuting to work or school, very easy 😎


Before I've started my journey with Kdrama, Webtoon had no place in my life. Once I've started watching korean dramas the term appeared more and more often. As for me and my character, I had to find out what it was about. I found multiple lists of dramas based on Webtoons! I was totally shocked 😱🙊 I found out that many dramas that I already saw and liked where actually based on comic. What's more Rakuten Viki has its own category of dramas that are based on Webtoon creations. If you are interesed in watching some don't hasitate! They are really good! 


Few words about Kdramas based on Webtoons. They have very oryginal scripts and the charactars has great depth. You feel their backgrund and emotions 😍 Whole story seems to be more thoughtfull. These are only few dramas that I listed, some I've watched (with links to my reviews) and some that I'm looking forward to see. Do you know other dramas that are worth watching? Let me know if you have your favourite webtoon-based-one!

Comments

Popular Posts