Dramas for foodies


It's already mid-December, which means there are only a few days left until Christmas 💝 The shopping frenzy is in full swing, gifts are piling up under the Christmas tree, just like wine bottles on the shelves in the basement. But what Christmas (in my opinion) most associated with is FOOD! Mountains of food to be exact 😅 Christmas movies in Europe are produced by almost every TV station or streaming platform. I don't know if there are any Christmas dramas on the market, most likely they are, but unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding them. I kinda cannot even imagine the plot 🙈 I don't see them going overboard with the Christmas decor and traditions like here.... That's why I decided to make a short list of dramas focused on food! 

Down below I'm presenting patchwork list of series revolving about food. 3 of which have long been on my watchlist and 1 I'm watching but it takes time. Typical dramas already feature a lot scenes with food, we can see many dishes and visit hundreds of restaurants, but the series with food in the lead role are a total other level. Personally, I can't watch it without any food in front of me, even a small snack....and not talking about being hungry! 🙊 Nope, there must be something on the table.

  1. Dinner mate
    This is the only drama from the list that I cannot find online. It features Ji-hye Seo who is one of my favourite actresses therefore I'm really persistant to find it. Drama tells a story of two strangers who decide to have dinners together during which they will speak about everything but personal details. They also agreed to not to be emotionaly involved but I can sense that this part will change 😉

  2. Hospital playlist
    I heard a lot of good about this serie and I everytime I read one I am closer and closer to watch it. I always liked serieses that take place in the medical environment like ER or Grey's Anatomy. I'm just not sure if they will be as good because Korean producers tend to avoid drastic scenes. But! we are here to eat 😁 Combining medicine and food is not strange, but putting it in one series is fascinating.

  3. Sweet munchies
    Drama has a quite interesting plot - TV producer is searching
     for a gay chef for the show. They choose chef from Ah Jin’s fave restaurant who needs money but lies about his sexuality. I'm curious how the story will develop and how Jung Il Woo is shown as a gay man. Gay people are rarely featured in Korean dramas and I'm always pleasantly surprised to find such productions.

  4. Wok of love
    A former hotel chef, fallen heiress and a former gangster decides to open a chinese comfort food restaurant. This one sentance aleady made me a fan of this drama time ago. I don't know why I haven't seen yet ... most likely it just got lost on my watchlist but I promise to not to let of it this time. This combination of characters must give something great!

  5. Itewon class
    This might be the only drama from this list that I'm completly not feeling the plot and the character played by Park Seo Joon who a
    fter his father’s death, vows to take revenge and creates the best restaurant franchise. What makes me not to eliminate Itaewon Class from the list is the gossip that drama really shows how dishes are made - from choping till serving. Like a cooking show! And I love cooking shows! 

  6. Chocolate
    I've seen probably 4 movies titled Chocolate and none of them have disappointed me yet, so I have high expectations for this series. Food strengthens interpersonal bonds and this series is about that. I really like this concept and will definitely start watching this series as the New Year comes.

Just writing these short descriptions makes me hungry so I finish work and go home for dinner! My husband is cooking today 💖

Comments

Popular Posts