Kiss Goblin


Short but sweet? Yeah something like that.... Kiss Goblin was mentioned on forums so many times that I had to give it finally a try. It wasn't bad but wasn't good either and I am not sure say if I liked it or not 🙉🙈🙊 It was so short that I cannot say much about it. Have you ever experienced that? What I am sure is that Kiss Goblin was the shortest drama in my history!

Quickly what is it about....

Ban Sook is a 160-year-old goblin who wants to be human. In order to do so, he must bring emotions back to his body therefore he has to kiss humans 10 times. As he is strikingly handsome and possesses otherworldly charm, this initially seems like an easy assignment. However, he soon discovers that the task will be more complicated than first thought as every regained emotion will change his perspective of humans and life.

An exorcist also steps onto the scene, threatening to derail his quest for good! At one point, on his way to becoming a human, he meets a strong-willed young woman named Oh Yeon Ah and an exorcist hunting goblins. Whenever exorcist wants to strike, she hides him and saves. They slowly develop feeling towards each other but romance with goblin comes with a price.... 


Kiss Goblin is a nice fantasy drama for a hassle-free evening then you are too tired after work to focus on anything. The story does not deviate from the main path. The plot calmly follows the goblin and his guard from kiss to kiss. Goblin faces new emotions and takes their unique relationship to the next level 😏 There is only one branch from the main content and it is a short story of the Goblin Queen but that's it. I always say that I don't like it when several threads are running at the same time... but I missed it here. Although the idea of the drama was good, the execution was rather poor.

Leads. I know Bae In Hyuk (here Ban Sook/Goblin) from really good dramas At a Distance, Spring Is Green and Under the Queen's Umbrella. Fortunately, these dramas are his later productions. I went a bit in the opposite direction 😅 Boy has really developed! His performance in Kiss Goblin is average... if not low.I also know Jeon Hye Won (Oh Yeon Ah here) from Under the Queen's Umbrella and most of all from Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce). She's always a supporting character, so I was curious about her as the main role but unfortunately, she didn't convince me. Nonetheless I feel she has potential so I will wait patiently for her big role! 😉

When it comes to general acting, whole drama was was lacking. Flirting, conflicts, fights....everything was lifeless. Emotions were less visible than I expected. I didn't read any chemistry between leads either. I'm disappointed with the main actors but fortunately, this was their first appearances on the big screen, otherwise I wouldn't predict their further career. They were cute together and could build something nice but missed the chance. As the entire drama lasted about 3 hours, it was difficult to get into the characters. In overall, I give drama 5/10 and I think I was generous. 😖

Comments

Popular Posts