July 01, 2024

A Shop For Killers


Another drama I convinced my husband to watch. Either I'm getting better at it or he's starting to like these dramas! As for the production itself, it was really great ❤ Not only Dong-Wook played great, but the entire cast did. Each character has its own distinct profile, favorite weapon and approach to the matter. The uncle-niece relationship was unique, I don't know of any other drama of this type.

Who is the niece and what happened to the uncle?

Shortly after entering college, Jian receives a call from local police informing about her uncle’s suicide. He was her caretaker, since the death of her parents but their realation was unusual. Jeong Jin Man, had always been quiet and mysterious and so was Jian. They were more of a flatmates than family. One day before Jian has a chance to think, her life is turned upside down by a flurry of gunfire, murder drones and more, as a medley of highly skilled assassins inexplicably turns their focus to killing her. Pinned down in her uncle’s home, Jian will be forced to revisit some of the bizarre training her uncle gave her throughout her formative years.


The Shop for killers has only 8 episodes, but all of them are perfectly balanced 👌 Enough of story, flashbacks, fighting and shooting. They show the development of the relationship between the uncle and his niece, what united them and what divided them, how they coped with the death of her parents and what actually happened to them, and how the uncle's suicide occurred.

Drama is a typical action movie where we have wide overview of weapons and shotting every 10 seconds 😅😈 My first drama of this type and I admit that I liked it very much (my husband too). It's not the most ambitious project because there weren't many actors, but the content and execution were at a very good level.

The Shop for killers is a short drama with very condensed content. I am extremely happy that there are plans to make a second season because it was strikingly good to watch 💖 There wasn't a single moment that was drawn out or wasted. Korean producers brilliantly incorporated several scenes from a typical American action movie. 8 episodes of this type can replace any action movie for me 😀 The dosage of information and flashbacks was perfect, not a single episode bored me. As for the actors' performance - I can't say a bad word about any of the characters. Jin Man, Jian, Pasin, Min-Hye, Brother, Bale, Sung Jo, Jung Min... all the actors were these characters. They didn't play them. I love it! and recommend to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Asian Dramas , Blogger