The Story of Park's Marriage Contract

 

It's been a while since I saw this drama, but there were so many interesting things to watch and write about that Park's Marriage was put on the back burner. But I finally found a drama that didn't blow my mind! I can't believe I'm happy about it, but how many times can you watch brilliant, breathtaking dramas? I want to breathe a little 😅 The drama has lovely script with an amazing plot twist at the end but unfortunately in over all it's only mediocare. The cast is good but something went wrong with the execution 😫

THE PLOT:

Park Yeon Woo has never even though about getting married. Because why when there you can travel the world and enjoy it's food! Unfortunately when her small side job brings wrong attention, Yeon Woo is forced to marry immediately. If that wasn't enough, on the night of the wedding day, her husband dies in her arms from severe heart condition. Before she can even properly mourn her husband, a man kidnaps her and throws into a well. Yeon Woo finds herself in a strange waterpond with man that looks exactly like her deceased husband. Is she in heaven?

That man is Kang Tae Ha, the successor of SH Seoul Corporation and even though he looks like Park's deceased husband, he is nothing like him. He prioritizes logic over emotions and is uninterested in having a romantic relationship. The only thing that intrests him is the well-being of his grandfather. Tae Ha decides to use Yeon Woo confusion and marry her to convinve grandfather to overseas medical treatment. Nothing wrong can come from that right?


When it comes to the plot itself, I pretty much liked it. It had it's ups and downs, several cliches but it was very pleasant to watch. It is one of those stories that you either hate it or love it. And the story I loved because there are a cute romance main & second leads, right amount of comedy and mystery with good reference between past and present timelines. I felt in love between the contract of women's status between past and present. In a short time, it was shown how much has changed in the perception and possibilities of women. What destroyed Miss Park's life made her a star in the new world 😍💜

As the last plus of the drama's content, I would put the character background. I wouldn't have expected that by gradually introducing past events you could confuse the audience so much and turn the characters upside down. It was an incredible move. 👌

BUT! All good have to come to an end. The plot was awesome till episode 10.. maybe 11. Later every episode seemed to be written and directed by someone else. The closed to the end the messier it became. To the point where the ending was contradictive boring and cut short, prolonged yet with plotholes. It leaver the viewer with mixed feelings and dissapointment.

THE CAST:

I only know Lee Se Young (female lead) from Korean Odyssey where weird zombie caught just a little of my attention. Here she has shown way more of acting talent and thanks to that I'm very much looking forwad to see The Crowned Clown, The Red Sleeve and The Law Cafe with her 😊 When it comes to male lead, Bae In Hyuk was so far nice only in At a Distance, Spring Is Green because his role in Under the Queen's Umbrella was relatively small. Meaningful but small. There is hope in Why Her, as I think he's appearance suits more mature dramas than romance and The Story of Park's Marriage Contract 😏 As for these two together, they were ok. Nothing crazy but nothing bad either. I read in many reviews that there was great chemistry between them and I feel like I was watching a different drama because for me the chemistry was at a low level. There was more going on between secondary character than between the leads. Joo Hyun Young created an adorable character of servant-friend and stole the show! 😍😍 


The Story of Park's Marriage Contract is one of the few dramas where most (if not all😅) of the female roles are better played than the male ones. Because apart from the grandfather, no male role is so complete, interesting and realistic. Even though Kang Sang Mo's character changes significantly until the very end of the drama, he played firmly all the time. The same goes to step-mother. Jin Kyung is already quite familiar to me (and many others). He always plays very specific characters, they are always on the border between good and evil. It is never fully good or fully evil. Both in Love in Contract and My Lovely Liar, she plays very convincingly. Although the roles are similar, they are never monotonous 👌

THE OVERALL:

The Story of Park's Marriage Contract had a pretty strong start and a promessing story development. Unfortunatelly couldn't deliver satisfying finale to both romance and longterm mystery. Till now we don't know who that "fairy" was and how she did what she did. What also bothered me was the fact that main characters' had less character than secondary ones 😩 Friend/servant was my totally favourite person here and I wish to see her more in the show. I could say that I recommend Park's story but I definately wouldn't insist on watching it. It was nice to watch it and beside servant and gorgeous clothing line I won't remember much from it.

Comments

Popular Posts