August 07, 2024

Find Yourself


Ok... so drama was nice but I don't know... I just didn't love it. Like it at best. When I read the summary I thought I would totally fall into this series. That I would be absorbed by the story so that it would be really interesting. Later it turned out that the characters were also great but I still couldn't give in to this drama 😐

Following MyDramaList:

A love story between an accomplished career He Fan Xing and 10 years younger Yuan Song. The consecutive blows in her work and love life push her to an emotional quagmire and it is during this time that Ye Lu Ming enters her life. Being older in age, he is mature, stable and knowledgeable. He becomes He Fan Xing's life coach and the source of conflict between the couple. For He Fan Xing, it's not merely a matter of choosing the man that she loves but considering the contradictions of adopting the traditional mindset on marriage.


I really liked Fanxing despite the fact that there was something off about her. She wanted to be "normal" - first of all, what the hell does it mean😅, second - wast amount of chinese female leads has the same characteristics - cheerful, self-sacrificing, idealistic - and to me this feels like a chinese normal to me. As one of viewer wrote in the comment section "It's kind of hard to explain, but a lot of drama characters are written in a way where you enjoy watching them as characters but wouldn't see them as real people." And that is sooooo true! Fanxing was super insecure, hesitant and made herself super frustrated about it. I would never call her a "strong female character" as many was calling her. In my opinon she was kinda "normal", the flaws made her "normal" She is definately a a well-written leading character, where I'm not sure if male one was as good 😬

Yuan was cute and handsome and hyper in love with female lead. I was quite skeptical about Song Wei Long's performance because I had seen him in another drama a while ago... and it quickly ended up in the DROPPED category 😐 Another producer, character, collaborators and the guy managed to get my attention and some feelings. At the begining I didn't like Yuan Song's character, he seemed to be pushy and annoying kid but turned out to be more mature that I expected. I'm not fully sold on him but it was enjoyable to see his performance.

But when it comes to the second male lead.... I had mixed feelings all the way from the first to last episode. His sneakiness was interesting and if it weren't for the lack of chemistry between them, Fanxing would have married him 😅 The plan was really good and if not some coincidances, Yuan would never have guessed a anything. Here is where my liking towards Luming finishes. He was too full of himself, too much know-it-all and just didn't have any chemisty with me either 😂



Moving on to brother and cousin. Cai Min Min and He Can Yang's relationship was the oddest I have ever seen! They were definately equally immature. It was weird for me that they persued the relationship when he was still her teacher so I was very happy when Canyang changed work place. I don't suspect them staying long together 😂

Referring to the title - I'm not sure what Fanxing was looking for and if she found it. Because if she was looking for normality, I don't know if a relationship with a younger guy and being with him for 2 years at a distance (Europe - China) is something normal. But if it was more about accepting yourself and not forcing yourself into social conventions, then she definitely succeeded. Find Yourself is a nice drama, it doesn't have any big plot twists or crazy scenes. It is strongly based on social acceptance of relationships, approach to them and partners. Fangxing's parents were fantastic and in many ways reminded me of my own parents (does that mean I'm Fanxing 😲?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Asian Dramas , Blogger