Because This Is My First Life

 

An extreme inrovert and a homless woman become housemates.... what could possibly go wrong? 😆 Nam Se-Hee is a single man in his early 30's who doesn't want to marry nor date. He owns his home and a cat and he doesn't need anything more. Yoon Ji-Ho is also a single woman in her early 30's but she does not own anything and due to her private struggles she decides not to date as well. Their financial statuses makes them to become housemates and sign a marriage contract. Little did they know, it is the begining of a fantastic adventure.

I have started to watch Because This Is My First Life time ago but wasn't sold at first, the beginning was long and slow enough to not to make me interested in it. It took me a while to come back. But once I started to watch it.... oh yes.... I had to continue. This is a drama that you have to grow up to (?), be in a certain mood (?) ... I don't know 😅 It's very special due to it's realism. Nam Se-Hee and Yoon Ji-Ho together with their friends, seem to be so NORMAL and average in their situation, clothing, dreams and everyday living that you would think that you could cross them one day on the street. And to be honest, I can't say a bad word about this drama. I wouldn't give it 10/10 but easily 8,5/10. It was missing something ... maybe the fairy-tale aspect we always seek in drama? I don't know, I cannot name it 😏


Although the series has one dear main couple, there are 2 others along with their love story. Yoon Ji-Ho's best friend, Woo Soo-Ji with Nam Se-Hee's cooworker, Ma Sang-Goo and other Yoon Ji-Ho's best friend, Yang Ho-Rang with her long-term partner Sim Won-Seok. Each couple is totally different to other and each love-story is unique. Of course I love the relationship of the leads the most but Soo-Ji and Sang-Goo were amazing together and I wish they would have a spin-off just for them.


Because This Is My First Life is the most untypical kdrama I have watched so far and could recommend it to advanced drama fans as well as to beginners. It shows adult life, their problems and solutions that are realistic and possible. Easteregg: They even show people smoking! 😱 I wanted to watch it in one go but after 6 episodes I tried to save it for the longest I could 💛 I am really bummed that it is over 😓 Since Crash landing on you I don't remember myself to be so  invested in the characters, their lives and feel for what they are going through. 


Some eastereggs! This drama is filled with the most adorable & romantic kisses I have seen in K-dramas 😍 I was totally lost on them and constantly cheered for more. 

This drama won't dissapoint you so go on Netflix, get your tea and enjoyyyyyy 😊

Comments

Popular Posts