Black Knight: The Man Who Guards Me (...but annoys me)


It started great, then was good but and I hate the end. The deeper you go into this story, the more you get lost in it. It's an extremely thoughtful script that Shin Se-Kyung (Hae-Ra) and Seo Ji-Hye (Choi Seo-Rin, Sharon's boutique owner) are just perfect for but I can't say the same about Kim Rae-Won (Soo-Ho). He is  colorless, boring and downright irritating. As for me, he doesn't fit here and ruined the drama for me.

Soo-Ho is a successful businessman who lives in Slovenia. He is extremely lucky, he gets out of every business he touches, and those who do not like or oppose him always learn a lesson from the universe. Meanwhile, in Seoul, Hae-Ra works as a lower-level manager in a travel agency. Unfortunately, due to her misfortune, the dream of going abroad has not yet come true. On the day she breaks up with her boyfriend and loses her apartment, Hae-Ra thinks back to her happy childhood and the cashmere coat that her parents had ordered for her as a Christmas gift but was unable to pick up due to their deaths. He decides to find the local boutique in the hope of changing his fate. As she wished so now she has! Now she is also lucky. During her unexpected stay in Slovenia, she meets Soo-Ho - her first love. One by one, each of them returns to Korea to meet by chance again. 

In the meantime, their history from 200 years ago is presented and it is shown how their fates are intertwined. The more we dive into the stories of individual characters, the sooner we begin to understand why they did what they did. Here I have to admit that women have no scale in their revenge😅😆

The series focuses its full attention on the curses and destinies of the main characters. All in response to their actions in a previous life and in some cases later in their current life. We are dealing here once again (check out Goblin) with eternal life as punishment for sins.

In general, I give the series 5,5/10. I didn't like much about it. What bothered me the most was male lead,  Soo-Ho. I haven't seen this actor in any other production but after this one I don't even want to. Kim Rae-Won didn't show any charisma or skill to make me be interested in his character. It looked like he was a different fairy tale, didn't match anything or anyone in Black Knight. Maybe one day I fill come across a drama with Kim Rae-Won where I will be blown off with this acting skill but here he is lame. Ladies on the other hand pulled their characters to maximum! They were amazing and I wish they had a better guy to fight for. 

I would love to see a series where Ji-Hye Seo (Sharon/Choi Seo-Rin)
smiles more!
Any suggestions?



Comments

Popular Posts