So I married the anti-fan


What can I say.... I expected a bang ๐Ÿ’ฅ but it was just a puf! The drama turned out to be bland and below my expectations. After I read the synopsis on Viki (placed bellow) I was convinced that it will be something funny with some twists and arguments between antagonist leads. But nothing like that happened. 

Although it's long, Viki made a very good synopsis of the drama, so I'm going to partially borrow it ๐Ÿ˜‡

Superstar celebrity Hoo Joon meets reporter Lee Geun Young at the opening ceremony of a new nightclub. After witnessing his rude behavior and accidentally throwing up on him, Geun Young is fired from her job and while being outraged she assumes that Hoo Joon must be the mastermind behind her misfortune. She decides on one-person protest outside his talent management agency. News travels fast in the world of entertainment and she soon gains a title of Hoo Joon’s ultimate “anti-fan”. Wanting to change the situation to more positive one, an opportunistic reality TV producer offers Geun Young a chance to appear on a reality TV show with Hoo Joon. The new show will be based on the concept of a star having to live with his greatest “anti-fan”. As she is in a tough financial situation, Geun Young reluctantly agrees to participate in this show. The couple set out to make each other’s lives difficult on the TV program. However, sparks fly and they realize that they may be more compatible than they initially thought themselves to be. 


I found So I married the anti-fan because I wanted to see Choi Tae Joon on the screen again. I really liked him in Suspicious Partner. Unfortunately, the actor did not manage to play the leading role well. In the previous series, although he played a supporting role, he did great. I know...๐Ÿ™Š it also depends on the script and the producers how will a drama turn out .... but here they let me down as the drama could have been something good. Tae Joon's character - Hoo Joon - was quite interesting and could have been something bigger but for me the spart was missing. His story didn't convince me to like him. The idea of superstar and fame also weren't convinving at all ๐Ÿ˜

Ok, I admit in the begininning I liked the drama as it's a cute little romantic comedy pleasant to watch ๐Ÿ˜‡ First episodes gave you a lot of information and characters to imagine how the drama may go. But when the drama actually went further, the less interest I had in it. The anty-fan figure - Lee Geun Young - was too weak, Sooyoung was too weak for this role. She is definatley a good actress but was too gentle and adorable for this. This was a rebelious character who shouldn't have shown feelings towards male lead to early in the story. Eun Ha-Won from Cinderella and The Four Knights would be a better fit here or Oh Yeon Seo from Korean Odyssey ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜ฌ Han Ji An who plays the supporting role of Oh In Hyung, was bland, broken and too indecisive for me to like her. So I married an anti-fan didn't do well with female characters.

The only character I actually liked, in terms of skill and casting, was Choi Jae Joon a.k.a. JJ played by Hwang Chan Sung. He is a strong character who knows what he wants. Although JJ is bossy and headstrong, it suits him. The character fully convinces me that this is who he is .... AND I LOVE IT. Not always good characters are the best charactrs in the drama ๐Ÿ˜Š


Clearly the producers had something better in mind than what came out. So I married an anti-fan had a good background and good start, but I think they went wrong with the selection of actors. In my opinion, another duo would pull this dramaup. After seeing the drama and thinking it over fully, I can only give it a 4.5/10 at most. Unfortunately, I didn't like it as much as I expected after the first episodes. It came out weak and boring ๐Ÿ˜“

Comments

Popular Posts