My Secret Romance


At this point I have seen way more dramas than I would ever expect of my self and this is also my fifth drama with Sung Hoon and I am totally sold on him 😍 what can be better than a lovely romance drama with Hoon? One-night-stand with him in the drama! Oh yeees 😈 till today's day I didn't know that something like that can happen in korean dramas but seems it is. 😱😮😵 The show started off strong and hooked me hard from first to 14th episode. 

What is it about?
Unlike to the first photo, we do not have a conventional family here. Not even a family, we have a one night accidental fling in a car between Cha Jin Wook (Sung Hoon) and Lee Yoo Mi (Song Ji Eun). He is an chaebol who leads a carefree life, pursuing short-term love and hedonism, but things are going to change as his father have enough of his son's lifestyle. She on the other hand is a hopeless (but still learning) nutritionist who things that she is just a next pray for Jin Wook and runs away from him as soon as the sun rises. The chaebol's hurt pride turned into workaholism and unconditional dedication to the company. 3 years later the lovers meet again 💥



My Secret Romance is one of those dramas that you don't want to break away from and return to the gray everyday world. It is sweet and light breath of fresh air! I absolutely loved the storyline which was rather simple and straightforward what was a nice change after The Sword and the Brocade where a loooot was happening 😅😆 Moreover, there was no conspiracies here, evil plots or in-laws, sudden murders or weird childhood connections. It was a pure one night stand turned into self-development and beautiful love.

I found it by tracking Sung Hoon and can't be happier to see him again on screen as he is one of the most charismatic, charming, handsome and sexy actors I've seen. His smile melts my heart, breaks my brain, softens kees and many more. But if that would be too few, he is more than just a look. His acting is also good. He is very well expressing emotions by his face and body. He can go from cold and distanced to loud and dramatic and then to gentle and hilarious. A joy to watch! 👌

When it comes to the female lead, it was my first time seeing her and all I can say is that she was alright. Her character was convincing and well played. She was rather quiet and clumsy and I don't know if that was her as her of her acting.... if acting.... girl you have a talent then! 😎 The chemistry between the her and the male lead was palpable and even though this was a “light” drama, the love was deep and developed in realistic tempo 😊

There weren't too many supporting characters, but every one that appeared did its job. The series is not for those who are looking for action movies. It is a 100 % romance drama with a semi-slow pace. My only complaint is that it was too short 😔 Last 4 episodes were a bit rushed to close the story in 14 episodes. If they would reach 16 and add a bit more romance to it (or maybe the honeymoon time jump? 😇) or just let them get to know more or family to get to know each other it would have a better closure 😶

It definitely could have been longer but it didn't take away much from its quality therefore I could totally recommend to watch it. Would I see it again someday? Sure, why not ^^ It's like Bridget Jones Diary, you can watch it any time😁

Comments

Popular Posts