What’s wrong with secretary Kim

YES YES YES! I have finally watched it! It took ma a year to find a platform that was available in Belgium and wouldn't cost me much or give bugs to my computer 💕💞

My journey with kdramas started more or less one year ago and since then I wanted to watch What's wrong with secretary Kim. It was listed on every recommendation video on YT or Instagram. It was hunting me for so long .... but now I have VikiRakuten and can watch so many dramas that I will need another lockdown 😆😇😈😎

For those that haven't seen it yet (you must!) - the story revolves around the narcissistic Lee Young Joon, the vice president of a family company and capable and patient secretary Kim Mi So who has remained by his side and worked diligently for 9 years. He is so self-absorbed and thinks highly of himself that he barely acknowledges the people around him 😆😂 Mi So stayed at his side for so long that now she finally wants to set her life & focus on herself. The story begins then she finally decides to bring the resignation papers. 


Maybe I was hyped by thousands of recommedations.... or maybe the drama was so fantastic .... whatever the reason, What's wrong with secretary Kim will stay with me for a long time and will be a reference to upcoming CEO & I dramas. 
 
All 16 episodes of the series were a perfectly balanced mixture of laughter, romance and that peculiar weirdness needed in any drama 😆 Diverse characters, good acting skills and timing made this series a fantastic show. Maybe the script was not great but only good, the story not so unique but sufficiently different to others. So even though drama follows some common rom-com elements, it still managed to shine. There wouldn't be so many recommendations across Internet if it wouldn't, right? 😁


When it comes to the leads itself, I definately prefer Kim Mi So over Lee Young Joon. His character was great don't get me wrong. Fantastic performance. But! Kim Mi So was way more realistic, current and common. He was a kdrama character all the way 😅 The further you go in the drama the more you notice that the story is shown from more her point of view than his. The focus went from her work, to her house, from the family to Young Joon. We slowly could see what is actually wrong with secretary Kim 😏 Mr Lee of course played a big role and there was a nice balance present through out whole serie but she was the centerpiece.

When it comes to secondary characters.... I'm not sure if they gave them enough time. The only side story that had much of screen time is the story of Mi So's parents about whom I will tell more in the next part 💚
 
  • Side love story of Bong Se-Ra and Yang Cheol was nice but was missing something. I understand that this is just a secondary story, but this procedure has already been used so many times that I was dissapointed that other creators did it better. Kinda lost opportunity.
  • The character of Go Gwi-Nam was comical. His idea for life was quite interesting and certainly not bad, but with all his savings he forgot to enjoy everyday life a bit.
  • Park Yoo-Sik he was Young Joon's only friend and God bless him for putting up with Mr Lee 😆😬I genuinely loved how these two where together and was excited whenever Park Yoo-Sik showed up on the screen.


Moving on to the best couple ever! Lee Min-Ki & Jung So-Min 💙💚💖💛💜 are one of my most loved kdrama couples in history. Maybe they were on the screen together just for about 30 minutes, but the fact that they used a couple from my favorite series Because this is my first life stole my heart. You can think that this is how the fate of this extraordinary couple turned out and that they created a fantastic family. It was a great surprise for me to see them together again and I would love producers to do such miracles more often 😇😍

 

Last few words. What's wrong with secretary Kim is definitely a drama to recommend, and you won't waste your time watching it. You can laugh and fall in love and cry during. It is better than The Secret Life Of My Secretary, but not by much. Although the background of the events is slightly different, they stick to the same theme: Me and my boss. This is a very common topic and it never disappoints 😎 I rate it at 6/10 and I invite you to watch it!

Comments

Popular Posts