Descendants of the sun. Women will always love soldiers.


Here we are. A lovestory between surgeon and special forces soldier. Sound a bit like Pearl Harbor but it's waaaaay better. It's one of those shows that people recommend to you for months and when finally you watch it you are greateful to them for life. Similarily to Crash landing on you, I saw preview few times but wasn't convinced.... HOW STUPID WAS I? 😤 and now I can't find anything as good as these two dramas to watch. Great.

I will go one by one:

Story: One day Kang Mo Yeon who is beautiful surgeon at Haesung Hospital devoted to her work, encounters Yoo Shi Jin, the capitan of Alptha special forces Team who is devoted to serve his country. Even though their work lives do not change, their hearts are different from the first moment. The plot goes about good soldiers and good doctors on the peace mission probably somewhere in a post Yougoslawian, Balkan country. As the leads now see each other every day, the love is radiant and it's fantastic to watch. Those who say there is no drama in there show, haven't focused on seen it. There is planty of it! But I won't give any spoilers here.

Acting: Presented characters are great that made me fall in love with all of them instantly. And I'm not talking about the leads only, the secondary love characters are more than fantastic and I wish they have a drama on their own. I haven't seen nor Song Hye Kyo nor Song Joong Ki in the other dramas yet but I definately will. Their talent is real! I will be marked by their roles forever.... I'm quite sad that in real life their marrage didn't survive 😞

Cinematography: How the action was moved from Korea to another location was very smooth and it felt like you were actually traveling with them. The environment in which they lived during the peace mission gives much thought in what conditions people live and what is happening on the other side of the globe. Although for me it is not a different site but only 1000 km 😶

Overall: The series is incredible, exceptional and suspenseful. It doesn't lack in moments of laugh and hours of cry. It's noticable that a huge amount of money has been poured into the series and it paid off! It turned out to be a masterpiece. Although the end is not tantamount to and lived happily ever after, I am ready to accept it as the best solution to the life they devoted to their professions. I give the drama 9/10 points because from the set design through the cast to the music, everything was perfectly consistent and it was impossible to leave the TV.


What was I missing? More scenes involved the Gi Bum mainly between him and Dae Young. That couple had such a great love story that I wish the drama was prolonged only for these 2 sake! That couple won me over. I loved the flashbacks of how it started between them and how they suffered (and I suffered with them) to stand beside each other when couldn't be together and not understanding why. I don't know who won me over more Gi Bum with her persistence 💖 or Dae Young with his fidelity 💘


Before starting to watch Descendants of the Sun I came across many reviews where people claimed that it was amazing, perfect etc... and after failure of Goblin, which was overrated for me, I was afraid it will be the same here. When people have low expectation for something and it turn out to be good, they get a nice surprise. But when the bar is set so high long before the first episode, the positive surprise is nowhere to be found. BUT LUCKILY NOT THIS TIME! For sure this drama is not overrated. The high expectations were met in every point and I'm thrilled that I have the drama a try. Descendants of the Sun deserves all the success and recognition it received. It's worth all expectations.


What distinguishes Descendants of the Sun from other dramas? Realism. This is one of those series that could really happen. Low probability that this will be the case, but there is a good possibility because the reality is not a stretch here. The script does not make the characters world-wide heroes or complete human ideals. Everyone has their pros and cons, the characters are as real as we are. All the actors played their roles fantastically and I congratulate them for their acting talent and the screenwriters for their writing talent. Each character had a background, present and plan for the future. They were full and real, their signs were certain, and they did not hesitate from left to right. They were true to themselves 💛👏

I will always recommend Descendants of the Sun to anyone who wants to start watching Korean series because it is a great example of what the entertainment sector can offer them 😍 Along with Crash landing on you, Because This Is My First Life and Mystic Pop-up Bar , this one of my favorite series. They are one of those production that I wish I haven't seen as I can't unseen them and enjoy fully once again 😭

Comments

Popular Posts