Do You Like Brahms? Music drama.


Till today's day I'm still not sure if I really liked Do You Like Brahms? or not πŸ˜… I am torn because drama was not complicated, a bit slow and have some deep philosophical moments but in the same time the plot didn't have anything that would blow your mind. But! This is not the drama that you watch for the plot, you watch it for the characters 😍 and Song Ah & Joon Young are the cutest of them all. 

Who are the cuties?

Song Ah gets accepted to the music school of the same university where she originally majored in business but her new academic life intimidates. She is 7 years older than her classmates and is a big introvert. One day she meets Joon Young, a talented pianist whose playing comforts her. He has been playing piano since he was six and his career started thanks to Kyunghoo Group. Group's CEO granddaughter is his best friend and secret love. When he finally decides to keep his distance from Jung Kyung, he meets Song Ah. Two introverts finally found each other in a big wild world.


The hard road to reach one's dream is nothing new in terms of plot but what I like in Do You Like Brahms? is that they didn't make it into sweet romance drama. It realistic. It shows real hardship with only occasionally poppning  subtle and delicate love momentsπŸ’• Drama shows that thing that for some is a dream for others is torment or just simple means of earning. Playing an instrument to its perfection is a hard work during which you often have to sacriface something from you life. As one other reviewer wrote on MyDramaList "We get here great mixture of inspiring words for everyday life, a bittersweet statement that talent is not what defines us nor that without talent you are nothing." πŸ™Œ I couldn't disagree with that sentance 😊

As I mentioned in the introduction, this drama’s rating refers more to the characters than the plot because they made this drama what it is .... because they are excelent ❕❗ As for the leads, Song Ah and Joon Young are the purest, lovliest and the most awkward couple I have ever seen 😍 For the first 3-4 episodes, my brain was fighting with my heart about whether they should be together or not. Two introverts together is a recipe for suicide for me as my husband and I are the opposite of each other, but these two here absolutely belong together. They are the perfect couple πŸ’˜ and surprisingly get the best out of each other. Joon Young gives her strenght and Song Ah gives him home that he seems to never have.

Story of Joon Young is interesting but Song Ah takes my whole admiration. Her approach to playing the violin is literally insane because she knows it will be hards, she knows that she is not the best, she knows that she has a lot to learn and she also knows that her dream might be destroyed any second .... nonetheless she goes for it. This is true stubbornness and determination to follow your dreams! I love Park Eun Bin for that and creating this character 😻

Moving for a moment to Joon Young portayed by Kim Min Jae. I know him only from one role - Lee Se Joo from Tempted. He caught my as as his acting was fantastic and I was sooo cheering for him to have a happy ending. In both movies, he doesn't have a very happy family situation, but he still tries to move forward. Against all odds and doing what he's good at - playing the piano πŸ“œ or at Tempted - making trouble πŸ˜‚ No matter what he does, he gives his all and sinks into the role. I am stunned by his versatile acting skills and curious about his next roles because he seems to be a really good actor πŸ˜‡


Few words about secondary couple - Jung Kyung (Park Ji Hyun) & Han Hyun Ho (Kim Sung Cheol). I can't say I liked them. Their relationship seemed to be made out of conveniance more than love which I do not aprove. They also didn't look good together. I feel that if they would find someone else to be with they would be way happier 😬

At first I wrote that I don't know if I liked this drama or not. While writing this post, I re-analyzed it, and I admit that despite an unmatched secondary couplde, I like this drama. I actually like it very much πŸ‘Œ This is one of a few love stories with depth and where characters are developing their emotions in realistic tempo. surprosed me on many levels and leveled up its score from 4,5 to 6,5/10 😲 

I would compare Do You Like Brahms?  to a glass of red wine that you enjoy after hard day. It allows you to cherish life, calms you down and gives you stomach some butterflies. The shy chemistry between the leads is all you need tonight 😍

Comments

Popular Posts