Falling into your smile. Let the game begin!


There aren't many Chinese dramas with more than one handsome man (the lead). Falling Into Your Smile has a completely different dynamic as the moderately pretty main male character is surrounded by a very handsome bunch of men and I'm looking forward to finding dramas where they play the leads!! 😈💖 I didn't really like this series because of the main male character. Although he was warm and pleasant to virtually everyone, I did not like him.

In short, what Falling Into Your Smile is about and we move on to the drama analysis 😍

In the world of e-sports ZGDX team is a champion with their army of adoring female fans. But when one of the team’s star players suffers a hand injury the huge news for the world of online gaming is about to strike.

The petite, lollipop-loving Tong Yao is obsessed with honing her gaming skills. Her abilities are exceptional and she belives that this will win her place in the male-dominated world of professional gaming. In this world dating between or even with in the team is forbidden. When the ZGDX team manager learns of her skills, he proposes her to be the first female professional player. She breaks up with her arrogant boyfriend, who scoffs at her dreams of becoming a pro. At the beginning the team is against her and dismissive but eventually she buys them over with exquisite gaming skills.

 

I think the series is a bit too focused on the game itself and forgets about the characters. Drama is not my favorite so I don't have much to say about it, so I will turn the review into bullet-list to make it faster and clearer 😉
  • Acting in Falling Into Your Smile is on a good level. ven though I'm not a big fan of the Lu Sicheng, he played cold male lead well. Tong Yao was on the other hand naturally cute and lovely and I love how female she is in a tough male gaming world 👌But in the and I saw much better with her ex and I wish she would ended up with him.
  • Plot was something new and I liked it's freshness but sometimes they have put too much of actual gaming parts into the drama and instead of building up the story with it, they cooled all down and made drama a big boring. I didn't skip all gaming moments but probably half I did 😅
  • Female lead 💖 was cute but whiny nonetheless I liked her. Male lead on the other hand didn't have much to like. I felt the character development was too slow and everything in the middle of the drama happened too fast. Cramming the whole thing into 16 episodes at this pace made the story uncohesive.
  • The supporting characters were very well thought out and each one has its own depth. They may not be very developed, but you can understand their family and personal situation. I liked how the teams were like families but it was farfetched played with idea of being social outcast for being a pro gamer 😬
Putting it all together, the show wasn't bad and it's definitely fun to watch. However, the fact that I don't like the main male role and will stand strong to say that Tong Yao would be better with another man. She had 3 other very handsome men in ZGDX crew so why to go for mediocare teamleader while you can go for excellent secondary player? I would do that! 

Comments

Popular Posts