Oh my Emperor! No thank you.


My second Chinese drama, first when it comes to costume one and I'm totally disapointed. I've been roughly through 10 episodes and skipped half of it's time as it was bad.

What is "Oh My Emperor" about?

So as RakutenViki states, we have an ancient land, full of wonder, beautiful nature, glorious king born of the stars, the physical embodiment of one of the twelve constellations of the zodiac. To keep discord from arising among the other stars, a new king is chosen every thousand years. As current emperor of the Huang Dao nation, from the Capricorn constellation, is in charge of keeping the peace. Everything changes the day when Luo Fei Fei magicaly appears. Fei Fei comes from XXI century and her sudden arrival disrupts the balance of power that holds the zodiac members together. With no idea how she came to Huang Dao, and no idea as to how to get back, Fei Fei tried to a way to survive in the strange new world. 


As the serie description seems to be nice and interesting, the production itself is far from that. The writing, music, fight scenes .... everything had low quality. Characters behaved so pointlessly, childlish that I couldn't stand to watch it further than few first episodes. I don't think that it was a fault of actors and lack of talent (maybe in some cases) because I read about main actors and they were cherished in other productions. Maybe I should watch them? 😏👀 

I think that if they would rewrite the script, add some suspense, threat (or any other strong emotions), put some character into the characters and make it more for adults not teenagers, it could be pleasant to watch. Unfortunatelly the presented form has a lot to ask for 😕

If you want to watch something interesting, this is wrong choice. Search further. You will waste time as I wasted my afternoon 😩


Comments

Popular Posts