Sound of Magic. The Korean Musical.



Next flight, next short kdrama. I love the option on Netflix that you can download the show and watch it on board 😍I wish Rakuten Viki had is also! It is so nice and easy and makes my boring flights more enjoyable. Waiting for the plane after the security check is a perfect moment to watch something. This time the choice went on Sound of Magic. Drama was realised in May and was patiently waiting on my watchlist for a moment like this 😎

I wasn't sure if korean musical will be my thing but I liked it. It was really nice! I will still prefer traditional dramas than sung ones but nonetheless the story was good and visuals were more than amazing 😍

What it the story here? Yoon A-Yi (Choi Sung-Eun) is a highschooler with good grades. She lives alone with her little sister, works part-time and struggles to meet ends as their parents left them with debts 😑 A-Yi can't wait to be an adult to finally have a stable job and full fridge 😖 One day a top grade classmate, Na Il-Deung (Hwang In-Yeop) starts to have feelingsfor her and helps her with learning materials. Not long before that, she meets magician Ri-Eul (Ji Chang-Wook) at an abandoned amusement park who performs before those who believe in magic. But even though A-Yi doesn't belive in it, he comforts her with a unique shows.


As first episode nicely hooked me, the further I went, the less focused I was. I don't know why becaus as mentioned above actors play was superb, visuals totally incredible and story sole. Everything was in its place - mysterious characters, their stories, development, fantastic music in the background .... almost gives a Disney vibes. But for me something was missing. I agree with the words of one of the reviews found on mydramalist.com "Probably not all will find this show to be sane or worthy of a serious watch" and I think I am the one, even though I believe in magic.... 💫

Unfortunately, I must admit that the drama leaves the viewer with a large dose of open stories, unanswered questions and other plot holes. But this is the beauty of magic right? Mystery, ambiguity, leaving things unexplained.... 😏😉

BUT! Regardless of the fact that I wasn't completely swallowed in this series and that it had several unfinished side stories, watching it was a great entertainment 😇 Sound of Magic is an outstanding drama combining fantasy and reality in a very sophisticated way. The darkness of the plot and harshness of reality is sweetened by the developing relationships, redemption and magic. Basicaly its a story of 3 broken people that tries to move on and accept their position with help of magic 💫 Because who doesn't wish for some magic in their lives? 😉 


Annarasumanara


Comments

Popular Posts