Sell Your Haunted House

It's been a while since I watched the drama about ghosts & spirits and I have to admit that I came across a hidden gem! Sell Your Haunted House seemed interesting already from the trailer and description on Netflix, so I gave it a shot last Wednesday night 😎 The drama has classic 16 episodes and thanks to morning training I finished the series in 5 days .... I a bit regret to watch it so fast but the series is so addictive that I couldn't resist passing to the next episodes 😅😈

Sell Your Haunted House was created during the coronavirus pandemic - 2021, and considering the conditions that prevailed then, I am full of admiration that the producers managed to create such a gem 💖 The series has a great plot, brilliant actors and a timeless approach to vengeful souls. The only thing that you won't find here is romance. But more about it in the following paragraphs 📑


Who is selling the house and why? 👻

Each episode features a family or business trying to sell a house, apartment, or utility building, but due to its presumed ghost haunting, it is unable to do so as it scares buyers away. Eventually they all turn to a unique real estate agency that specializes in selling haunted houses and performing exorcisms. The owner of this agency and at the same time an exorcist is Hong Ji Ah (Jang Na Ra), and the only permanent employee and real estate agent is Joo Hwa Jung (Kang Mal Geum). One day, ladies come across con-artists who pretend to free houses from ghosts. Oh In Beom (Jung Yong Hwa) and Heo Ji Cheol (Kang Hong Suk) come to Daebak Realty and make an offer to team up in selling haunted houses and freeing the souls. No beginnings of cooperation are easy, but these two in the face of the vengeful spirits, the change of attitude comes very quickly.


As for the actors, they were all brilliant. I know Na Ra Jang from The Last Empress where she played a great role, here she did the same and had an equally good partner as in the previous drama. Na Ra has an amazing acting talent and both of the characters she created had heart, their own emotions, were genuine and real 😍😎 If I had seen this series before creating the Ranking of Favourite Actresses, I would put her in the top 5 for sure. 

The main male lead was very well played. I haven't seen Yong Hwa in any other production so it's hard for me to compare but it seemed to me that to Na Ra he lacked skill at a few moments. I really liked how he took on the characters of ghosts that possessed him. The change was palpable therefore the end result was fantastic! Bravo for that! 👻

Auntie Joo Hwa Jung/Kang Mal Geum, great as always: half-serious half-funny but always helpful and in the right place at the right time. Her character here and in Military Prosecutor Doberman were very similar in terms of character, but they fit perfectly into the dramas 👌 Similarly, Heo Ji Cheol/Kang Hong Suk, who usually plays rather funny characters to bring humor to the series, played his role accordingly 👍


Moving on to the negative characters .... 

By reading the synopsis I would immediately think that the main villain/s will be ghosts - they haunt others, scare them and are angry with them.... but! The one that makes the most evil deeds is Do Hak Sung (Ahn Kil Kang), the developer. I had a hard time to get used to Kil Kang in this role because I only know him from Tale of Nine-Tailed where he played a lovely character. And here it is awful 😡 but not in terms of acting! 😅 His character was evily convincing.

There is one more character that I couldn't get used to until the very end - Kim Tae Jin played by Heo Dong Won. I know the actor from The Glory (and probably many know him from there) where he played a very unpleasant person. Here, his character undergoes catharsis, but he has the stigma of a negative person in me and I can't get convinced by him which may also mean that he is a good actor😅😬


The content of the drama and its pace is at my level - rather fast, there is a lot going on but also a lot of detail is given and the story is revealed in solid stages. Drama is marked as horror and yes, sometimes you can get goosebumps 👻 but generally it is not so scary. It's very emotional though. I teared up on 11/12 out of 16 episodes 😭

Also as I mentioned before - drama has everything but romance 😅 Looking for something interesting to watch, I wanted to exclude or bring the romance to minimum. I started my adventure with only romance dramas and I finally want to explore other types. So far, so good! I will not hide that I a little missed romance here because the leads deserved it (not neccerairly to be together but to find someone to love). With romance I might have rate this drama not at 8 but at 8.5 or more as the content is already on 7/10 for me, while the acting is on good 9/10, music was also not bad but .... I don't know, I think I don't put much attention to it.

In overall, drama is great! 8/10! and I totally recommend to watch it! Drama is on Netflix and because it was made already a while ago, it should be available in many countries 😊


Comments

Popular Posts