XO, KITTY - American look on South Korea


This post & review will be a little diversion from everyday Korean productions. I'm currently watching Flower of Evil and slowly finishing Bad and Crazy but since I fell in love with To all the boys I loved before seeing XO, Kitty was a must. The series was very laid back and presented Koreans in an interesting way. Great attachment to tradition and little tolerance, unless you are from abroad.

I'm currently on a short trip to my homeland so I don't have that much time to watch series (family is more important ^^), but I devoured this short series while commuting to here 😁 XO, Kitty is a light American story about Lara Jane's sister - Kitty - who goes to an international school in the center of Seoul to finally be with her boyfriend. 

 The combination of Korean language, culture and society with the American approach to making the series was very enjoyable to watch. I am curious about the next season because seeing the ending there is no chance that it will not arrive 😅



I don't want to tell you too much about the content of the series because there is a lot going on in the series, everything is resolved quickly and it strongly affects the development of the series. Basically, here we have 17-year-old Kitty leaving for Seoul during her junior year to finally be with her boyfriend after 3 years of a long-distance relationship. From the first day, she meets a series of more or less happy events. Both her love and school life turned into an emotional roller coaster 😵

What more can I say about this series .... it does not require strong concentration and can easily fly in the background when you check in for the plane. It is not particularly complicated and as we know from other American series - everyone have their happy ending .... except for the main character whose story will continue in the next season 😉
 

If I had to rate the series by drama criteria, I'd give it a 5/10. It was well composed, had good character development, but they were flat at the same time. The story would also need to be expanded and more emotional. 

The difference between a light Korean drama and a light American series is huge and confirmed me in saying that I prefer Asian productions 😆 They have soul and the characters are more developed. Not enough was said about the side characters here, which could introduce a more interesting background to this series. It was not bad but just lacking in some areas. I would definately not watch it second time as it was pretty predictable. I hope the next season will have more action and interesting scenes because this one lacked them.

Since it's not a Korean drama and that's what we're focusing on here, XO, Kitty won't be included in my ranking. It is a spin-off of the series and a spin-off of an blog 😁😁 Enjoy your week and see you soon with Flower of Evil review! This drama is pretty mysterious and dark so far and I can't wait for the story development. I expect a big big story bomb here 😱

Comments

Popular Posts