Bloodhounds


It went darker than I expected.... and more brutal at some moments than I was ready for. Still, Bloodhounds was a very interesting drama. This definately wouldn't be my drama choice but husband was pro and Woo Do Hwan kept grabing my attention for a while there 😉 He likes bone breaking while I adore plot twists... Couldn't be more different 😅 Nonetheless I must admit that Bloodhounds has a pretty good scenario!👍


What is it about?

We meet main characters when they fight in the ring. Kim Geon Woo and Hong Woo Jin are boxers who form quick and easy friendship. As their friendship grows, so do the financial woes that plague Geon Woo’s mother. To save her cafeteria, she signs contract lonesharks under disguiseBut when it turns out she became a victime of ruthless and terribly strong Smile Capital, Geon Woo and Woo Jin do everything in their power to take them down. Fate intervenes as the pair end up working for a generous and skillful Mr. Choi and his fiesty foster granddaughter Hyeon Joo.


I went through a total rollercoaster with this series. Sometimes I liked it, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I couldn't take my eyes off the TV, other times I did everything not to be in the same room. Bloodhounds did not leave a dry thread on me 😅 Shows involving mob and loansharks jobs are never lighthearted and sometimes it is hard for me to watch it but most of the time they are worth reaching the end where many of them get what they deserve. Maybe not always they get what I think they deserve but punishment is punishment right? 😈

In order not to reveal too much of the content, I will only say at the end that the drama has 8 episodes and each is interesting and intense. And now on to the main characters 😉

I know Woo Do Hwan only from 2 other dramas - Eternal Monarch and Tempted. I loved him in both, he was always well dressed, sexy, deadly handsome, well groomed, and in Tempted he played a someone like a rebellious prince on a gray horse .... perfectly my type💖! But here as Kim Geon Woo, he was totally different. Strong in muscle, not an authority figure, an athlete, a boxer from a poor family, involved with loansharks.... A dramatical difference in character. However, he played the character very well. Although the difference in the reception of the character was huge for me at the beginning, I quickly switched to his new installment. He played tight and clean. But now I want to see him in rom-com because that smile needs to appear on my screen more often! 😎

The other main character was Hong Woo Jin played by Lee Sang Yi. I see this actor for the first time and I would love to see him from other productions because I feel that he will be one of my favorite actors. I really liked his character and he got along great with Kim Geon Woo (or at least it looked like that), which, combined with the brutal content of the series, gave me a moment of breath.

Although Choi Tae Ho (Heo Joon Ho) was a negative character in the past, I fell in love with this grandfather because of how he repayed society for his misdeeds. I am full of admiration for this transformation. He and his adoptive granddaughter Kim Hyeon Joo (Kim Sae Ron) were loved together. It's amazing how sometimes strangers can become family to each other. Hyeon Joo accepted him with all the past because she knew that deep down he is a teddy bear. Just like her... 💕

Park Sung Woong did a great job as Kim Myung Gil. His character was truly evil to the core and I waited for the idiot to die. I admire actors who can create such negative and unpleasant characters. Kim Myung Gil dropped into my group with a handsome lunatic from Vincenzo 😵 I liked how unified the character was and how he pursued his goal no matter what. Too bad not much is known about his past. I missed a bit of background in it, as with the rest of the characters. It was one of the elements that bothered me all the time, I like to know what is behind the decisions of the characters and in this drama, unfortunately, it is missing 😕


Overall, this drama is really well made and has great characters and actors. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of background and maybe a little better ending because it left me unsatisfied. There are rumors of a second season, then this ending would make sense but without it... a bit poor 😬

I recommend Bloodhounds to those who like brutal productions, but also to those who are looking for something short to see and to quickly return to reality. I give the series 7/10 because it is a really solid drama for both men and women 💪

Comments

Popular Posts