Destined With You


I know I know it has been over a week since the season finale has was published but I am doing my best to catch-up on reviews after my honeymoon. There is one last left 😎 - The Mask Girl - after it's published and I think I have it all 😇 It may seem that only think I was doing on my honeymoon was watching dramas but don't you worry, shows were just an reward for the daily 8km of sightseeing and 200 stairs of climbing. After my brother-in-law wedding this weekend, I can finally sink into dramas 😍

Focusing on the important things... Destined With You was brilliant 💖 and all 16 episodes were at the same fantastic level. There are so many great dramas this year that I'm afraid that at some point the quality will drop or the producers will run out of ideas 😨 Without jinxing it... let's get to the drama!

Lee Hong Jo work at Onju city hall and does her best at work, even though she suffers from many civil complaints. Since she was a teenager she is used to hard situations and being alone. One day she meets Jang Shin Yu, a successful lawyer who is smart and very good-looking. He is the main attraction wherever he goes and tries his best to not to show his sufferingfrom an unexplained disease.

Fate makes the lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse to become entangled with a civil servant who holds the key to his freedom and curse lifting. 


I will start with the main couple because not only are they beautiful, but they are also talented and totally crushed the drama. Rowoon and Bo Ah's chemistry was good since the beginning but the last 4 episodes... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT! 😱😍 Those glances, those kisses, those unspoken thoughts😈and thoooosese sceeeeenes .... Im melting.... 💔 To be honest, in the begining I was worried about their chemisty, that even though it was there it wasn't strong enough. But Rowoon and Bo Ah made a great use of the time from the first episodes to build their relationship and once I've passed episode 8 and 9 all worries evaporated. Not even a trace of them remained 😆 

As for the actors themselves, they absolutely convinced me to fall in love with their characters. Rowoon got into the role from the very beginning, but I sensed a lot of similarities in behavior between Jang Shin Yu and Ji-Un from King's Affection. The upcoming drama with him will tell more about his skills. But when it somes to Bo Ah, I had a problem with her as the naive and slightly stupid Hong Jo. She was so awesome as Ji-A in Tale of Nine-Tailed that it will take a long time for her to outdo THAT performance. But one thing that noone can outdo her in are her eyes. They have a talent of their own! She said half of the script with them 😎 Rowoon's facial expressions is superb but Bo Ah's eye are beyond that. Regardless of the fact that I found some shortcomings in the both leads, the drama was fantastic. This did not affect the overall result by more than 0.5 points down. 


Moving on to the secondary characters, I was particularly fond of Mr. Kwon / Jae Gyeong (Ha Joon), aka first crush of Hong Jo. As he said, life is about timing, and I was really sad when he realised his feelings for Hong Jo so late. It was so cute when he told her that if she doesn't marry Shin Yu within the next six months, she should call him. In my opinion he should get a spin off 💙 Yoon Na Yeon (Yura)  was on the other hand shockingly evil person. From the first episodes I knew she will have to be dumped and unhappy because this is how dramas go but her background totally shocked me. She was pretty well played character tho 😊 Reaching the nutcase.... Na Joong Beom (Ahn Sang Woo) could have been one of the best villains in my k-drama history but at some point something went down. The character and actions didn't stick together, or maybe it was the lack of acting skills? I don't know, I can't find what I was missing but I know that the stired the story well!

When it comes to the Hong Jo's collegues, nor Mr. Gong (Hyun Bong Sik) nor Ms. Ma (Lee Bong Ryun) nor Su Jeong (Mi Ram) got my liking. Only Sae Byeol played by Park Kyung Hye got my likings because wherever she appears, she always creates great characters and the show with her is never wasted. The rest seemed to be bit unnecessary for me. Especially the Gong-Ma love story. I didn't feel their chemistry nor connection. As friends and people working at the city hall, were ok. Girls were an extension of Hong Jo's high school nightmare started by Na Yeon. But fortunately, this is where the nightmare ends and she gets a good besties 😍

Enough nagging on actors! Let's move to me love .... which is MAGIC! 💫 This is my top favorite topic and if there was an opportunity in this world to become a witch, I would sign up for it without hesitation 😎 The screenwriter really woven the shamanism and magic into our everyday world of Destined With You. Maybe the spells didn't work as they should (those who watched know), but the background and presentation were great. It was such a pity that the shamanism/curse storyline was first forgotten for a moment and then cut short at the end. Out of nowhere curse is broken and Shin Yu is healed. No backstory to it, no special efect....puf....done....gone 💥 Yes, I know, Shin Yu was clinically dead 💀 and mentioned it in a way that it was needed to lift the curse, but that's it. The whole story revolves around this damn curse and this is how they solved it? Unbelivable. I'm sad and kinda annoyed. This wasn't what I was counting on 😟 and this is alsow why the drama gets 8/10. They should have developed it then it could have easily reach 9/10.


 I was deeply engaged in the drama due to the mystery and thriller. The story of Mu Jin and Aeng Cho was so incredible, cute and ill-fated that I couldn't let go. The moment when I heard Mu Jin saying to her that "in another life let us be happy" … and then realizing that because of the crazy psychopath they cannot be even happy in this life made me soooo frustrated 😤😡 They waited 300 years to be happy and this is what they have to go through .... arrr

Destined With You is one of those dramas where the abstract and begining hooks you up, the first episodes let you dive deeper, the middle ones glue you to the screen and the last ones you watch with bated breath 🙈🙉🙊 I cannot say how much fun I had watching this drama. Luckly not many is like that otherwise I would never leave home 😂

In my opinion, this drama is totally worth recommending because it is made in an amazing style. Although it has a few flaws, they in no way prevent you from enjoying watching it and getting lost in Rowoon's smile 😁 or Bo Ah's eyes 😍 If you enjoy light fantasy, mystery and reincarnation dramas, you must give this one a shot. The music is a cherry on top. The songs perfectly complement the story 💛

Comments

Popular Posts