Moon In The Day


The first drama that I wrote about in my side notes, so it was obvious that at the beginning I wasn't fully convinced about this production. It was a bit chaotic with some rather strange characters (especially the main ones) that didn't fit together in my opinion. BUT! When I reached episodes 7-8, I couldn't wait for the next ones 😍 The more of the past of these two was shown, the harder it was for me to wait for the next episodes. I was glued to the TV for the last 4 episodes. My husband had to forget about his PlayStation 😋

What are those great episodes about?

Han Joon Oh is a very popular K-celebrity thanks to his stunning look and height. One day he is hired to appear in a public service video. The shoot goes horribly wrong and Han Joon Oh is involved in a fatal car collision. Heroic female firefighter named Kang Young Hwa risks her life to rescue the star. She almost lost her life but managed to save him .... kind of .... because the body doesn't anymore belong to Joon Oh, but to Kim Do Ha. Ghost who is lingering around Young Hwa for over a millennium. In the past he was killed by his beloved wife Han Ri Ta – and the vengeful spirit is on a single-minded quest for retribution.


Apart from the main male character played by Kim Young Dae, I don't know any other actor and that's probably why the drama was so fresh and new to me. I felt like 3 years ago when I was just starting my adventure with Korean dramas 😇 I've seen Kim Young Dae in three films so far, and next year I'll definitely watch two or three more with him as he is a really good actor. To this day, I think Moon In The Day is his best production. Right behind is The Penthouse where he shocked me and at the end Forbidden Marriage which was just fine. Young Dae played here 2 characters in one and did it so brilliantly that I was just delighted to watch him. I liked Kang Young Hwa, played by Pyo Ye Jin, much less. The closer to the end, the more I liked her, but I still didn't feel her creation. She totally didn't hit the spot 😑

As for the supporting characters, the main villain played his role absolutely brilliantly! It is worth emphasizing that Lee Kyung Young and Jung Woong In played the same character placed in different times in history and turned out really fantastic. From start to finish they were perfectly and equally crazy, evil and cruel. Way better character creationa and execution than Pyo Ye Jin 😬 Cohesive, full, long-lasting. Great acting skills. The remaining supporting characters were average and did not leave much of an impression on my memory. For example, Han Joon Oh's brother was irritationg me through out whole 14 episodes 😅

Some words about plot itself. I wouldn't say the plot was original, but it was certainly interesting. Reincarnated characters have already been played many times, those seeking revenge, love or having unfinished business from their previous lives 👻💀 are very typical topics for Korean fantasy dramas. Each time they are shown differently and more or less interestingly and this year, reincarnation was brilliantly shown in See You In My 19th Life. Moon In The Day is my first time seeing someone cursed and it's an interesting approach 😏 I would like to see this concept somewhere once again.


What will the scoring look like?
  • 2 on 3 main characters were amazing, one so so. Kim Young Dae and Lee Kyung Young & Jung Woong In duo definitely deserve 8.5/10, but Pyo Ye Jin only 6.5/10, and the supporting cast similarly or less. So at most I can give it a 7/10 for the acting.
  • Due to the initial chaos in the story and only getting back on the "right track" around the middle of the drama, no matter how good the script would be, I couldn't give it other 7.5/10 👌
  • Intro & music were super nice but not to the point I would download and song like in some other dramas 
  • However, this is I think the first dramas this year where I cried so much during the last episode. The ending of the drama is so incredible that it raises all points possible. For the first time I'm happy that it wasn't just a simple happy ending but something more "realistic" in this spiritual story. LOVED IT!
Without a doubt I am totally recomending watching this drama 😍

Comments

Popular Posts