See You In My 19th Life


This is one of the most unique series I've ever seen. I fell in love with See You In My 19th Life from the first episode πŸ’– The drama consisted of 12 brilliant episodes, which I watched on a weekly schedule for the first time and I never believed that I would succeed as I was scared that waiting for the next episodes would be torture. But luckily!😍 the producers didn't end the episodes with too much of cliffhangers. The final took place 3 days ago and not until last evening I was fighting with myself and the desire to finish. I didn't want to part with Shin Hye Sun who was PHENOMENAL here! Although the male lead didn't really suit me here (Ahn Bo Hyun was better in Military Prosecutor Doberman), female lead is top of the top!

Who signs for living 19 times and remembering everything that happened in the last millennium? Sounds interesting at first glance, but having to say goodbye to everyone you've loved dozens of times in doesn't make it so nice anymore. Unfortunately this is the reality of Ban Ji Eum who tries to make the best out of her 19th life.

Some say it's an ability while many sees it as a curse to remember the memories of all past lives and repeating reincarnation for nearly a thousand years.  After her previous life is cut short by a tragic accident, Ban Ji Eum decides to reconnect with the people of her past life in the current one. She does her best to find a man named Moon Seo Ha and lady Kim Ae Kyung (Cha Chung Hwa). A series of cases makes her meet me Yoon Cho Won as well, whose life collapsed after her older sister's death. All of them are trying to live after the loss of a loved one while Ji Eum figures out why is it happening only to her.


Shin Hye Sun did it again! The actress played her role so truly and realistically that now they will only identify her with this character. This drama is my next step in seeing Mr. queen! In the dram Ji Eun says that she “ was reborn this time solely to meet you [Seo Ha].” I think Hye Sun was reborn this time solely to play this role.... or in general to be an acteress 😍 What she does with emotions, how she is showing them it incredible. Ahn Bo Hyun was blunt and boring next to her. I don't know maybe that was intentional to be so calm and reserved but till last 3 episodes I didn't like him here πŸ˜“

Ahn Bo Hyun seems to be a good actor. This is my second film with him and I liked the first one much more as he showed more emotions and adapted better to the role he was given. Got a little lost here. I had the impression that he wanders in the fog and only follows the other characters to reach the end of the drama 😦 Shin I would rate 10/10 because she is more than divine πŸ’›, but Bo Hyun max 6/10. Only in the last episodes did his character gain color, spine and was much more interesting. I'd give ending performance 7,5 at best.

As for the rest of the characters, I don't have a character here that I hate or don't like.
  • Both fathers - characters did not have much to do in here. They were more a background characters who ster water time to time.
  • Seo Ha's uncle - interesting twist in the character
  • Hotel manager Bae Hae Seon always plays shady people πŸ˜…
  • Kim Ae Kyung - fantastic character, gives warmth and time reserence. This actress is a perfect match for Shin Hye Sun. Together they do magic❤
  • Kang Min Ki - I knew there is a secret behind him! I knew it! 😎
  • Yoon Cho Won - the most adorable actress I saw in months! Cho Won was an interesting character who went through a lot and I like her development over the course of the series πŸ’œ
  • Ha Do Yoon - for most of show I wasn't not sure if I like it or not. He gained a lot from me towards the end of the drama when more was told about his past. Respect dude!

When King The Land and See You In My 19th Life were dropped on Netflix I wasn't sure where to start so went with both kinda simultanously. First follow the typical path of rom-com drama with a CEO as a main protagonist but here we have something pretty unique and outstanding. I must say they this have become a MUST WATCH for kdrama fans and hopefuly Hollywood won't be interested in remaking!

This drama has so much.... refreshing perspective, fresh outlook, captivating storyline, clearance on complicted plot of reincarnation and open ending that actually gives a great closure! What do we need more? Ah yes... more captivating male lead πŸ™ˆ Anyway... Drama is a strong 9/10! πŸ’ 

Time to move on with King the Land!

Comments

Popular Posts