My Demon


Ooopsie.... The post got published blank 🙈 I forgot I was testing once again scheduled posting and now for sure I have to make reminders on my phone to dubble check if all (or any) is written 🙊

Moving on to the most important - Song Kang 😍 I liked him already in Nevertheless but here OMG I am obsessed with his Kang Guwon! Best korean devil I have seen! Still Lucifer with British is my number one but Song Kang/Kang Guwon takes glorious second place. 

In short My Demon is about Kang Guwon. In long he is a demon/devil who can live for eternity by making deals with humans who are in high need for help. That "help" can be anything that they desperately want in that moment - health, millions, fame, love .... he can do it all. But after looking down upon humans for 200 years, Devil gets entangled with Do Do Hee and somehow his powers are shifted to her. To prevent his own extinction, he must protect her and find out why she stole them.



Recently, it often happens to me that I like series from the very first episode. I'm on a good streak again! December was very fruitful for good dramas and if it weren't for Queen For Seven Days 👎, January would have been even better. It didn't used to be like that, it took me 2-3 or even 4 episodes sometimes to get into the drama but last few months Korea has created a long list of fantastic dramas! 😍

Coming back to the main topic again - My Demon. It's a well-written drama with totally brilliant characters. The backgrounds of the characters are perfectly matched to the reality of the drama, there are practically no shortcomings or plotholes 👌 The drama may have a large list of stereotypes such as a cold CEO and hostile takeovers, a contract marriage and a mysterious murder, but they were all so nicely woven into the content that I only realized they exist after strting analysing it. The story was consistent through out whole drama that it as enormous pleasure to watch! Chemistry, romance and clever lines were on the best level existing. 💖

As for the main couple, it's no wonder the Internet is crazy about them - I am no different. The chemistry between them is out of this world 💛 Their characters are so unreal that you can't take your eyes off them 💚 Do Hee and Guwon are also insanely adorable together 💜 how can adults be so cute and sexy at the same time?!

Do Do Hee's adoptive family (big picture above) played major role in the drama. Everyone here is particular and as in the family of chaebols where the most care is put into company and power. Hello cliché 😉 The head of the family, Madame Joo raised her kids with low love and much rules but Do Hee, as not being her child received completly different treatment. There where most of problems starts. Madame Joo played by Kim Hae Sook was a very special character and I loved the fact that I saw her in in other at the same moment - Gyeongseong Creature. 

But the main roles here were played by the stepbrother and his son. They showed some great acting. Another negative characters that cannot be forgotten. Most of all (and I know it's not only me) I feel sorry for my son because his "decisions" and "actions" were not actually his. The information about him in the last episodes completely destroyed me.



All the other characters such as the dancer, both secretaries, Do Hee's "cousin" and the homicidal maniac were equally well played. I can't name a bad character here. AGAIN! It's already a drama when it's impossible.... ok... so maybe this time I'll point out Do Hee's employees? Maybe they were too weird? 🙉This is the only thing I can find 😂

Around the middle of the drama I was planning to give it 8/10 points but the full love story of Guwoon and Do Hee and why he hates people so much changed my mind. Blown my mind! At first, I didn’t understand why Gu Won see humans as so insignificant. He shows no compation and sends them directly to hell. Sign - 10 years - Burn. But putting that together with history of first Christians in Korea 😱💥 What the hell! That's brilliant! I know Christianity didn't have the best beginnings in many places around the world, but seeing it happening to your favorite characters hits differently 😭 “Everyone is born equal no matter where they come from or what their ranks are” - this sentance from Bible exactly explains their past and why are they now toghether. I LOVE SUCH STORIES 💖😭💖

Do I recommend this drama? B* Please! OF COURSE I DO! I couldn't enjoy this drama more and I'm devastated it's already over.

Comments

Popular Posts