Queen For Seven Days


I wanted to see this drama so much that I watched the first 2 episodes with great excitement. I totally fell in love with the King. Lee Dong Gun created a fantastic character. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Park Min Young and Yeon Woo Jin. Their first planned characters fell completely into the background. They were annoying and poorly played.

At this moment, I only know Lee Dong Gun from Angel's Last Mission, where his character was as interesting as here. He is able to pick up feeling of people tired of life and choices, placed in positions they never wanted very well. He can brilliantly translate inner emotions. I was happy to see him in a main role 😍 BUT! Shin Chae Kyung, the character played by Park Min Young, is to become the queen, and considering how these characters have behaved up to this point, it would mean that the current king will die 😭 The only character I like in this drama.... sorry but no. We are not taking this bus any further.

So at the beginning of the year I already had 2 major problems with this drama but I've decided to give it another chance anyway. I gave one episode a chance to grab my attention. I saw so many positive comments.... reels.... recommendations for this drama but still.... I had to turn it off after 30 minutes. There seems to be a lot going on in the drama, but everything has a strange slow tone and whathever is happening hardly affected the actual drama content.

Based on that Queen for Seven Days unfortunately became my second abandoned korean drama. I think I reached episode 5-6 and seeing Lee Dong Gun handsome face on screen was my biggest reward because drama in general was weak 😟

Comments

Popular Posts