Angel's Last Mission: Love


First drama with Shin Hye Sun! I had Angel's Last Mission on my watchlist for a looong as time but never had an urge to actually watch it. While spending some time in my homeland, I decided to make it an evening ritual for coming 2 weeks. Now I'm happy to finally see it but also a bit dissapointed because it wasn't so enjoyable as I thought it would be. 

Who's the angel and what's its mission?

Kim Dan is an optimistic, carefree angel who till this day was taking care of animals.... and always getting into trouble. In order to return to heaven, he is tasked with a mission to find true love for the talented but emotionally distant prima ballerina - Lee Yeon SeoShe is cynical and arrogant because after an accident she has to give up her dream. Her parents suddenly died years ago and since then she doesn’t trust anyone as people are mostly lurking around her for money. It all made her unable to love or be loved by anyone. 


Because it was recommended by so many people I was expecting to fell in love with it like with Tale of Nine Tailed or Korean Odyssey .... Unfortunately it didn't happen. For me Angel's Last Mission for a long time was on a virtue between interesting and boring drama. First 2 episodes were very hard to go through. Next ones were better but I still had troubles to see more than one episodes per 2-3 days 😟 I gave it last chance and started to watch it in fastforward 1,25 - the tempo of drama has finally reached right point! I finally wasn't falling asleep! 😁 From that moment I was even egger to bingewatch it.

In my opinion, the biggest problem of the drama are the drawn scenes and planty of time-fillers. There were too many flashbacks, too many thinking moments to be able to get hooked to it. The story itself is really nice and interesting, just the presentation was a bit lackluster. Even though Angel's Last Mission is meant to be more of a melodrama, sad one as the protagonist doesn't have easy life. It was the content that should have get a kick and speeded up when ballerina decided to change her outlook on life 😩

Nonetheless ballernina Lee Yeon-Seo played Shin Hye Sun made the show worth watching 👼 As I mentioned in the introduction - the actress has a talent, a very well developed one. Her character was great and pulled the drama up. Without her I would most likely drop it after 5 episodes. The other actors weren't as convincing or memorable as she was although the nemesis was pretty interesting. 

When it comes to the Angel Dan, he was good but ... I don't know ... I don't know how to describe it, but I felt like he was always out of place, in the shadows. OK his character was truly devoted to Yeon-Seo and was the perfect good guy of the drama but in the same time it made him kinda blunt 😓


I can't deny that the drama was very emotional and all of those scenes were very well acted by main and secondary characters. Kim Myung-Soo was meant for those scenes and they were they only ones where he was visible while Shin Hye Sun proved to me her skills but I hope that The Hymn of Death and Mr. Queen are better in overall than this drama. 

Story: 8/10
Acting/Cast: 7/10
Music: 6/10
Overall: 6,5/10


The season finale was undeniably bittersweet with some pretty deep moral messages. It was not a drama without mishaps, plot inconsistencies and stereotypes. Nevertheless, it was good to watch it, but necessarily at 1.25sek. The 15 episodes of the series kept the same pace but the last one was a total rollercoaster. After a few drawn-out scenes the pace suddenly starts to be ultra fast and bum! we reach the finale. No like. 

Do I recommend watching Angel's Last Mission? So so. For me it was like Suspicious Partner of True Beauty - once is enough. I wouldn't comeback to this drama. Time spent on watching wasn't entirelly wasted 😉 and seeing many positive commenst on social media about it, I assume that it was just not my cup of tea 😅


Moving on to Military Prosecutor Doberman! 😎😈

Comments

Popular Posts