Wrong Carriage Right Groom


I didn't believe I would ever finish Wrong Carriage Right Groom, but I did and I was pleasantly surprised. It took me a while, but I didn't like the middle episodes very much. The beginning was very interesting, then it got weird and I had trouble understanding what was happening, but from the middle to the end it got better and better. I wouldn't say that the drama is in any TOP X, but it is good and I could even recommend it, which is rarely the case with Chinese dramas!

Where the carriages come from?

First carriage holds Du Bing Yan which is intended for marry Qi Tian Lei. She is smart, beautiful and talented. He is intelligent but sick and cursed. The rumor says that Tian Lei is actually on the verge of death what dismays Du Bing Yan but still she bows to her parents’ wishes. Second carriage holds Li Yu Hu who is meant to marry general Yuan Bu Qu. These two couldn't be more opposites. The only thing that connects the cheerful and wild Yu Hu with the strict and cold Bu Qu is the ability to fight.

Their marriages happen to take place in one city in one day. While they travel by sedan to their respective weddings, they both take refuge from a stom in a Fairy Temple. When a monk warns them that bandits are going to attack the temple, their respective entourages panic. In the confusion, the two women grab wrong veils and take off in wrong sedans. Upon the arrival, brides notice to end up marrying the other woman’s intended husband! 


I was intrigued by the title of the drama but in the same time I was a bit afraid that it will end like the last few dramas😫 - mercilessly boredome and drop. But! An incredible thing happened! Wrong Carriage, Right Groom got me hooked! Although there are a lot of stereotypes here and many scenes are predictable, as well as part of the finale itself, it was really nice to watch it. Wrong Carriage, Right Groom is a charming and easy-to-follow. Characters are well played and scenography is mesmerising.

Starting from the plot, it was a classic mix-up scenario. It's always fun to watch 👌Mix-up scenario seems to be easy-peasy to make but only when it's done clever. There cannot be moments where viewer thinks "what does that have to do with main story" or "it doesn't make sense, how did she/he got here". The mix-up script to be succesfull has to me thought through, otherwise you can go crazy 😵 I'm pleasantly surprised by that rong Carriage, Right Groom managed to achieve it. There were 2-3 moments where I couldn't get a gasp of what's going on but later on all go explained and I appreciated the in-story summary 😍 

The romance was good but couldn't see when Bing Yan and general felt in love so hard. Even though Tian Lei and Yuhu were very childlish in their "dating", growing love was way more noticable. I liked how different these couples are and how different the individuals are from you. In this aspect, I super enjoyed the drama. But I would like to see more romance 😤 Bing Yan just showed up, healed the general and suddenly he is able to give his life for her.... love from the first sight exists, of course, but with so down-to-earth characters is should be more realistic.


When it comes to acting, I was not blown away but I also wasn't disappointed. They matched my expectaions for chinese characters in period drama 😁 This drama in a dark vibe would definately stole my heart but this cheesy and childlish version was also enjoyable. There is not much to say about acting because it was quite typical 😬 a lot of facial expressions (often exaggerated), prolonged glances and scenes, and many, many bows. 

As I mentioned at the beginning, the drama pleasantly surprised me because I spent a good time with it. Although 4-5 episodes discouraged me from continuing to watch them, I am grateful to myself for processing them because I watched the last 10 episodes I almost bingewatched. Addictive. It might not be the most attention-shifting drama because I was waiting for some kind of story twist with the villain's identity who was clear from the start but unfortunatelly I was left with no surprises 😟 nonetheless I recommend to watch it. It's a pure no-brainer, perfect to chill after work/school/training.  

Comments

Popular Posts