Lies Hidden In My Garden


I think it's been half-a-year since I've started to watch this drama. I wanted so badly to see Im Ji Yeon in something else The Glory as she was so damn good there. But this drama was nowhere near it. Even though the main female characters were pretty good, I was suffering watching Lies Hidden In My Garden. I was hoping that after 2-3 of first episodes the tempo will speed up .... stupid me.

What's in the garden?

Moon Joo Ran is a housewife married to doctor Park Jae Ho. They live in villa on top of the hill with large garden and amazing view. She is suffering from depression since her sister died. Her peaceful recovery has been shaken by awful smell from their garden. In meantime Choo Sang Eun leads completly different life - brutal, physical with no stop to it. Her husband, Kim Yun Beom works for a pharmaceutical company for a low wage and acts out all frustrations on his pregnant. The shared history of two husbands allows ladies to meet and compare their lifes.


Kim Tae Hee (here Moon Joo Ran) and Im Ji Yeon (here Choo Sang Eun) gave really nice performances. They weren't easy, but they totally convinced me. I've never seen Tae Hee in a drama before, but I've had Hi Bye, Mama! for some time now. on my watchlist and I think I will watch this drama soon. Tae Hee seems to be a good actress. As for Ji Yeon, she played a somewhat similar role to The Glory - a screaming madwoman with a disgust on her face 😆 - but her position in society was the complete opposite 😣 She fits into both the harassed and harassing roles very well and fits these roles perfectly. However, the final scenes with a smile suit her best. Im Ji Yeon has such a gorgeous smile 💛😍

Moving on to the male roles .... weak ones 😒 Kim Yoon Beom played by Choi Jae Rim was meh. I didn't like him nor as the character he played nor the way he played that character. Kim Sung Oh, who plays Dr. Park, was already a bit better. His role was longer and he had more to show (luckly he mannaged to pull it off) but it wasn't so good. His villain version was not what I was expecting. Lee Joon Gi in Flower of Evil is a master of thrillers for me ❤ I don't recognize the men from any other drama, so it's hard for me to compare them to anyone else. Nonetheless women are deliberately the main characters according to both - the script and the acting.

The drama had an interesting story and very good main characters, but the end result was poor. The male characters, side characters and extremely slow pace made the drama difficult to watch 😵 8 episodes lasted forever. A bit like in LAIA, I missed the "1.25 tempo" button. The drama came out in July last year, but I started watching it only in the fall. And so, from the first start until last week, I watched an average of 1 episode per month. During this time, I felt as if these one-hour episodes lasted 2 hours or longer 💀

It's hard for me to say whether I recommend this drama because I wouldn't want other people to suffer from watching it as much as I did. It's a pity because the ladies played really well 😐

Comments

Popular Posts