See You Again


OMG you have no idea how much I wanted to see this drama. China in the beginning of XX century, their's Hollywood and social changes. It could have been a gem in my Chinese collection like Sword and Brocade 😍 But unfortunately, this opportunity was lost. I've restarted this drama probably 4 times, which is my record for giving a chance but See You Again couldn't meet any of my expectations. I have to drop it 😶

Plot: 

A Chinese movie star from 1930s is suddenly teleported to XXI century and meets rookie screenwriter. These two couldn't be more of a polar opposites - composed and composed Chi Yu versus colorful and scatterbrained Jin Zi. The only thing that keeps them together is working in the same environment and the desire to bring the Republican actor back to his age.


Everything seems very interesting, a bit predictable and stereotypical, but still addictive. It could be, as long as the execution was better. Unfortunately, even great scenography and a brilliant script did not save this drama from failure. The acting wasn't bad either. So there was editing, and finally putting the scenes together... this was the part that failed here. another Chinese drama where the editing department destroyed the work of so many people.... Dear Liar, Reborn Flower, Imperial Concubine.... all these dramas have one thing in common - poor final editing. China should provide more capital for editing schools and scholarships abroad, for example to nearby Korea and see what dramas should look like 😶 I hope that one day I will come across a Chinese drama from this period because I am curious what everything looked like on the other side of the hemisphere.



Comments

Popular Posts