Hotel del Luna


This year is made of my first times - first time I live outside of my homeland, first time I live in my own place, first time I am in a lock down, first time I watch asian dramas and first time I watch one based on concept of death. AND FIRST TIME I LIKE IT!

What is going on in here?

We have Jang Man-Wol (IU) who made several mistakes in the past and as a punishment became a CEO of Hotel del Luna. What is that for a punishment you ask? It is not a normal hotel as much as Man-Wol is not a normal person. It's a hotel "on almost the other side" that hosts ghosts/souls that have unfinished business and are waiting to go further. In real life Hotel del Luna is situated in downtown of Seoul and has a very old appearance. It is not known as hunted, just as very expensive and kinda forgotten. Apart from Man-Wol hotel is co-managed by human so it can legally work (that part i don't get but let it be 😆😅). 

On the other hand we have Koo Chan-Sung (Yeo Jin-Goo) who works as the assistant manager ever at a huge hotel corporation. He is a sincere perfectionist and looks level-headed. These two met each other when he was a kid and that moment united them for good. 

If it already sounds good for you, you won't be dissapointed in further story development and eastereggs on the way. Serie has an unbelivable background story what makes it feel that this is our reality and afterlife. I would never though that this type of kdrama might interest me so much. In general I hate anything that speaks about death as my brain decides to hunt me in dreams for weeks with it. The way the characters (main, secondary or background ones) are played so well that the story overcomes the scary concepts and moves by it's storyline. The music is perfecly paired with situations and has made me using tissues through out all 16 episodes. IU has been added to my list of favorite korean actresses, that gets longer and longer the more korean dramas that I watch.

One of the eastereggs on the serie is the fashion. IU is killing it with her outfits but other people are not far behind! 


Comments

Popular Posts