I'm Not A Robot


I never thought that a drama with a robot in the lead could be so interesting. Little spoiler - the robot is not a robot, but a girl pretending to be a robot. Nevertheless, the beginning of this story was the creation of a robot that looks like her. Overall, the drama is unique and I enjoyed it. It wasn't the pinnacle of script, acting or science fact, but it has a very strong 6.5 from me

Kim Min Kyu is the largest shareholder of a financial company but hardly ever comes to the office. His "human allergy" prevents him from any social interactions not talking about human touch. No go here. One day he comes across a robotic project named Aji-3 created by the Santa Maria robotic team whose leader is a world-renowned robotics professor. When Min Kyu wants to test the robot for it's human-like behaviours, an accident causes the malfunction of the robot's battery.... threateing the team to bankrupt.

There comes the prime moment for professors ex-girlfriend, Jo Ji Ah who is the base for the look of the robot. Hong Baek Gyun begs her to take the place of Aji-3 and pretend to be the robot so they can get funding from Kim Min Kyu. Aji-3 becomes the closest thing in the lonely life of Min Kyu. Time spent together makes him more open to social interactions and decides to analyze the roots of his illness.


It has been one of the top cutest serie I have seen in my life. Although it was talking about difficult matters here - interpersonal contacts, trust towards others and the breakdown that a child can experience, way of presenting this gives humanoids a second chance in my heart. What happened to the parents of little Min Kyu would leave its mark on everyone, and we never know how our body would react to such a shock 😰 The skin allergy (apparently being allergic to human touch is a real illnes called dermatographia. It's incredibly rare allergy and one's can be allergic even to their own touch😱) was just a peak of the iceberg in his case.

Stepping into the drama.... 

I started to watch I'm Not A Robot without any expectations. The summary was interesting, I had time so why not? After reading about the drama I was sure it will be a weird comendy but it proved me wrong .... very fast ... so wrong. It turned out to be an adorable rom-com I have seen since Well-Intended Love. I sunk into the drama so hard that I cried, laughed, got angry and ooooh-ed along side with the characters through out the show.

But it is not a rom-com to be be honest, this term doesn't fit here. I'm Not A Robot is so pure ... so romantic. I would call it more of JUST A ROMANCE nothing more nothing less. It is only focused on two people (one disguesed as a robot 😅 but who cares) in their save space and their slowly emerging emotions. I think it is my first drama so concentrated on the leads and noone else. It was executed to such an extent that sometimes I felt like an intruder being in the same room with them 😌 for that and the chemistry drama get 10/10

I fell in love with the general outline of the drama and the focus on the main couple 💚 But what made me have to deduct a few points, was an unnecessary acceleration in the last episodes. The drama didn't have a snail's pace, that's for sure. It was just one of the slower shows what suited feelings development. However, the last 3 ... maybe even 4 episodes suddenly accelerate towards the finale and caused a rushed ending with several things unsolved. Plotholes are the worst 😕 5/10


Cast was well chosen from the main couple to secondary characters. They really fit the roles and you feel that they are comfortable in their charcters and with other characters. They have created a world for themselves! 💜

Although I am a beginer in knowing and comparing the actors, both leads impressed me with emotion presence and skills. Yoo Seung Ho who played Min Kyu was genuine and real ..., his agony was incredible and I could feel his pain. That was hell out of an experience. He delivered well the struggles and inner conflict of a character who fell in love with a robot - as one k-drama fan said 👌 Chae Soo Bin, Jo Ji Ah, has a face made to be the main character of this drama. She is do adorable and petite that I was astonished how good "robot" can look. She did an amazing job portraying a human pretending to be a robot but also robot it self and the human and still make them all feel real 👌 Interactions between them was always amusing and heart-melting so I cannot give them less than 9/10.

The fact that I fell in love with leads makes me completely indifferent to the lack of background and development of side characters. They've done their job of making the two of them a divine couple, and I don't need them for anything else 😅😂 However, looking at this situation from the reviewer's point of view .... it's a flop and I can only give 5/10 for the development of secondary characters.


Only humans can give a meaning to something ordinary and meaningless. The emotional intelligence is screaming through out I'm Not A Robot but its softened and calmed down by message that each wound can be healed by right people. 

I can’t say this drama has the best plot, but the chemistry and acting makes up for it. I don't think I have ever been so invested in drama and I'm curious when will be the next time it happens 😍 For now this drama certainly has a special place in my heart. In overall I give it 7/10 .... When I though deeper about this drama, 6,5 from the intro was too few.

Comments

Popular Posts