Suspicious partner


I feel that this will be one of my favourite kdramas for a while. The storyline is intriguing right from the start, major cast is really well chosen and the chemisty between the leads is incredible and undeniable. NO WONDER JI CHANG WOOK AND NAM JI HYUN ARE A COUPLE IN A REAL LIFE 😍 I very much like series with a crime casees in the background so was totally thrilled while reading the synopsis on Netflix and seeing the teaser: "Life turns on a dime for a thriving prosecutor after meeting his new perky intern, who becomes a prime murder suspect soon after joining his office." Drama has a good combination of seriousnes and cuteness which made it super pleasant to watch 😊

A few more words about the plot:

Noh Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook) is a succesful prosecutor who just received new department intern Eun Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun). She is a magnet for unfortunate and embarrassing situations and the beginning of her relationship with Ji Wook is no different 🙈 Because of her (ex-)boyfriend's betrayal, she decides to spend the night with the first man she bumps into. It turns out to be a prosecutor Noh whom she (falsely) accused of harassment in public transport not so long ago. Not wanting to lose face in front of her ex, she decides to go out for a drink with Ji Wook. They finish in his bedroom. 3 months later she is asigned to work with him at the same office as her ex and his new girlfriend. Not much later Bong Hee is falsely accused of murdering her ex-boyfriend and to save the protegee, Ji Wook risks his career and reputation. When things quiet down they decide to catch the real culprit responsible for a series of murders.


LEADS:
The main couple has amazing chemistry, which contributed to the great reception of their romance. Nam Ji-Hyun's previous romance with D.O. it was rather weak so it's a very nice change. Contrary to the chemistry, her performance in Suspicious Partner was a few percent worse than in 100 Days My Prince. I don't know if it's the role that she didn't fit here or I didn't understand something about her character. Her frequent naivety and clueless was quite annoying, but fortunately didn't ruin the overall of the drama. I totally loved her in the previous drama Nam Ji-Hyun but here she was just good. When it comes to Ji Chang Wook I can't overlook the fact that the Internet and Korea are crazy about him😅 so there must be something to it. He is indeed a good actor and he played his role with touch. It is a first time for me seeing him in a drama so can't say much more. Definately there two together made a great show and gave their 110% to create Bong Hee and Ji Wook 💛 but as a separate characters his was a bit better. 

SECONDARY CHARACTERS:
While there is a very good vibe in the Ji Wook's law team and there is plenty of hilarious moments, there is no bromance. I was hoping that even though Ji Wook despises Ji Eun-Hyuk, they would at least get closer and become friends once again. The situation between them was indeed developing, but quite weakly and barely noticeable. Eun-Hyuk was quite a nice character and it was nice watching him but I can't say the same about Cha Yoo-Jung, Ji Wook's ex. She was a flat character and I didn't feel her story. This together with secondary love story had a potential but unfortunately were not executed well 😕

PLOT:
I very much liked the story and the crime mystery. I can't agree with comments about predictability of the drama. The final reveal of the murderer and his story was very interesting and unique. The story presented in the drama is quite light for one based on a murder. Mixing humorous scenes with romantic and serious ones was at the beginning quite difficult to keep up, but over time I got used to this roller coaster and I enjoyed watching the series very well until the very end. This is for sure not a drama that requires great focus or analysis. Everything unfolds before our eyes.... Maybe that's why many Chang Wook fans didn't like this series?😏 Personally, I don't know why the series might not be liked as I wanted something light but with peps and I got it 😁



To sum up - the series is good, the main characters create a beautiful love story, but the series does not have any memorable elements. On MyDramaList, the series received 8.3/10 points, which seems overstated to me because for me it should receive no more than 6.5. While I enjoyed it, it's not a drama as memorable as The King. 2 Hearts, which I saw a month ago, or 100 Days My Prince, which I may not have liked, but the content was more interesting and had more action. 

It's a good series to pass the time and I would recommend watching it after a tiring work. Although seeing their piles of documents on the desks, the head may ache 😩 Fortunately, we don't have to deal with these documents! 😍 This is not a drama that will give you a heart attack with its twists and turns, but it will certainly make the time spent on the couch more pleasant.

Comments

Popular Posts