Mystic Pop-up Bar. The place to be!


A story from the Joseon era combined with the 21st century? Souls, dreams and demons on top of that? I assumed that the series would be futile and would turn it off after 2 episodes. One thing was bugging me tho, how do they plan to combine it with a bar ?! It turned out to be insanely good and I didn't even notice when did all 16 episodes passed. On the same day when I started watching Mystic Pop-up Bar, I managed to watch 6 full episodes (thank you pandemics for limiting other duties and distractions a.k.a. social life 😆) Mystic Pop-up Bar became the factor that changed my view of Korean entetrainment 😲

The story focuses on Wol Ju who, along with manager Gwi, runs a bar in downtown Seoul. They open only in the evenings and at night, attracting customers plagued by their internal dilemmas and problems. One day, Han Kang Bae comes to the bar and grabs the owners' attention by going to sleep with one of the customers. Due to this unique ability, Wol Ju has to atone for her sins commited during the Joseon era. And like that, the heroine has been wandering around the world for centuries and helping to ease the pains of people. Her punishment ends when she helps 100,000 souls. One day, Han decides to help the bar owners as long as they help him with his problem in return. The human-hating Wol agrees, which opens up an avalanche of adventures and presents an interesting "life" of souls in the afterlife.

The story of Wol is presented in very poignant way, you can easily identify with her hatred towards people and the choices she made 😭 I won't say much about the plot apart from this one thing: you will be astonished when you get to know why manager Gwi was sent to help Wol at the bar and how is she connected with Kang Bae 😱😵

Drama is packed with twists and broken hearts but also funny and lovely moment. The further you go into the show the more you feel like going to the bar, get wasted with unknown liquer and sleep. Who wouldn't like to get drunk by mysterious woman who fixes problems. I don't know about you, but I would go 😅😂

Serie and korean dramas got to me hard that I did some digging and found some other dramas with Hwang Jung-Eum (here Wol Ju). She was the one I totally felt in love and can't wait to see her in something else. As my stocking will improve and more lockdowns will appear, I will place the links to reviews here 😉
I also found that the secondary actors are also known and play in other dramas. Yes yes... I'm new to this. So! Choi Won-Young (manager/detective Gwi) plays also a secondary role in drama Heirs (already on my list, will watch is soon as it's available on Netflix). To see Yook Sung-Jae (Han Kang Bae) in other drama will take time because Goblin, where is plays side character, is available everywhere else but Netflix. Eventually I will definately see it and place review on this blog. I heard that both of this dramas are super good so I can't miss the change to watch it 😇

It's funny like by one show you find so many things so watch 😅 It's also scary because in this pace I will spend every second of my lockdowns kdramas and eating nuddles 😬

Do I recommend the series? I guess I made myself clear on that point 😎 
And now.... Netflix give me moooore! 

Comments

Popular Posts