Something in the Rain


This serie was recomended to by so many people in real and online life that I couldn't do anything else than to watch it. I wasn't sure if it will be interesting but the main actress (Son Ye-Jin from Crash landing on you) totaly convinced me 😊

What do we have here?

Yoon Jin Ah is in her 30s and has been just dumped by her boyfriend. She doesn't exactly know how is it to be in love and in right relationship. She is called to be clumsy, reckless, foolish, bland and not exactly as attractive as other women around her. In that golen moment Joon Hee (Jung Hae In) appears before her with a broad smile on his face. He is Jin Ah’s childhood friend's younger brother, who used to live next door. Jin Ah has always remembered him as a little kid now he is nothing more than 100% masculine man. She as much as her family are surprised by his change and wishing him best marriage possible.

The more time passes, the closer they become. And this is where whole DRAMA starts for real 😲


Something in the rain points out the big problem in Korean society which is age gap between partners. If I remember correctly, Jin Ah was about 8-10 years older than Joon Hee and their families have a big problem in accepting it. The chemistry between main characters is as real and incredicle as the execution of whole story.  Everything was so realistic including boring work life and crazy mother. 

I have seen Son Ye Jin just in mentioned before Crash landing and she totally stole my heart with acting skills. Nothing seems to be forced with her, every role she is performing are just perfect. When it comes to Jung Hae, it was my first time seeing him in a drama and I must say that I like him. His acting was also very good and it was very nice to watch them together 👌👀

The secondary character that I really enjoyed watching was the didter of Joon Hee, Jang So Yeon. She was an amazing sister for her brother and carring friend for Jin Ah when her family notoriously upset her. On the other hand we have crazy mother which is only good at cooking and destroying people's lifes. Never met a person like that and hopefully never will 😬😅


Also the other problem of today's society (I think more visual in Asian countries than in  Western ones but I might be wrong) was shown in the drama - office sexual harassment.  Every scene that included this problem was disgusting for me and was making me think "how the hell in XXI century we have such a lowely people!".

All in all, Something in the rain is both great love story and portait of society problems which suprisingly makes a good realistic combo. I rate it at very solid 8 points on 10 and it goes to my top 10.

Comments

Popular Posts