100 Days My Prince


What can you do when it's cold, windy, rainy and you are sick? Watch K-drama! This time And it ended up on one of the newer (I think) series on Netflix 100 days my prince. Before I have seen just 2 dramas set in Joseon times and I must say I very much like period pieces. It has a very different vibe to compare to the nowadays based one, almost like a  fairytale to me 😅 but this one didn't made me sink into the couch like Rookie Historian (maybe because of current flu and tiredness?😟). It's not like I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but if I would have to choose I would definately pick Goo Hae-Ryung 😬


What's going on in 100 days My Prince?

Lee Yul, Crown Prince of Joseon, is a cold perfectionist who with his behavior covers the loneliness. He established a law where every Korean citizens of marriageable age must get married before the age of 28 (he was forced to be married so why they may be happily married?!). One day prince dissapears. Meanwhile we meet Hong Shim who is an intelligent woman who always supports her father and friends. She strongly denies the need for marriage, and certainly the forced one. Fate (and her father) blesses her with a young handsome man with amnesia who marries her right ahead. And yes, it is the Crown Prince but noone knows it. Won Deuk a.k.a. Lee Yul, is severely injured and can't find himself in the new surrounding. Life as a commoner is not easy and laid-back as it was in prince-times. 

It's a kdrama so we all know that they will eventually fell in love and he is going to recover from amnesia but what happens in between of these events is worth watching. 

Most of comments after the serie finished were raving about dashing male lead Won Deuk/crown prince Yul (D.O.) but he didn't impress me much. I focused more on Hong Shim 😎 (Nam Ji-Hyun) who seems to be a good actress and I'm interested in seeing her in other show. The same comes to Kim So Hye 😍 (Han So Hee). Both of their stories were shocking and I was rooting for their happy endings. All in all acting of every character was superb but these 2 just stole the show for me. I didn't need that prince 😅


The story was not as captivating and stimulating as I was expecting.... too big expectations maybe?😕 It didn't make me to want to know what's gonna happen in next episode. I was watching it to amuse myself why caughing and dying on the couch. 
OK OK there were 2 or 3 cliff hangers that made me to watch 1-2 episodes with no breath would or to sit with bilion of tears. But that's it. Ethernal Monarch or Mystic Pop-Up Bar made me do that every episode!

In my opinion if you are considering watching this for the story, expect to be disappointed. If you are considering watching this because you are a fan of D.O. I asume you will be very happy. 

I'm giving this show 6/10 for the story and female actresses.

Comments

Popular Posts