Young lady and Gentelman. Controversial kdrama


Oh wow.... that was a looong drama to watch 😅 I'm both happy and sad that it finished. Happy as they got happy ending and many of their issues were solved on the way. Sad because it was a very good drama that incorporated many great side stories that made it amusing to watch 👌 I have to admit that I was shocked to see plenty of negative comments across the Internet, because personally I really enjoyed the drama. If it weren't for the number of interesting situations and conflicts woven into the series, I would have a major problem with keeping my interest.

What conflicts and situations can we see here? 
Lee Young Gook is a widower with three childre who still hasn’t gotten over the death of his wife. The drama begins when he is looking for a live-in tutor for his children. She would not only take care of their education but also free time and pick up the youngest from kindergarten. Well-educated Park Dan Dan quickly gets the job and begins his magic of melting the boss's heart. Dan Dan is a bright and cheerful girl raised by a father and an adoptive mother with her son from a previous marriage. These two got married out of common sense as they need for extra care for the child. Time goes by Dan Dan and Young Gook are getting closer, which displeases the house manager Jo Sa Ra and the late father's mistress, Wang Dae Ran, who do everything to make the tutor leave the house.

The unexpected arrival of Young Gook's longtime friend sets new dynamics at home and Dan Dan is no longer in a losing position. The problem begins when Anna Kim learns who Dan Dan actually is and what role she played earlier in her life. This news turns her opinion about the tutor upside down.

Young Gook is the last type of man that the teacher's father dreamed of and he is the next one who does everything to keep his daughter from working for the family. It's not about his look or wealth but AGE! If it would be too few of problems the couple would have to manage, the adoptive brother of Dan Dan begins an expressive romance with Young Gook's sister. This love is forbidden in the eyes of her mother. 

A lot? haha and this is just a synopsis 😂😅😆


I have never had such an aversion towards the parents of the protagonists as in this drama. Park Soo Cheol infuriated me and all negative comments about him were most apropriate and adequate. You can be a caring parent, mine are also, but the level of his "caring" for his daughter was more than too much 😡😠 I understand why he would prefer his daughter not to learn about her mother's story and accept the adoptive one, but when she reaches the adulthood and asks about her .... you tell her! No matter how painfull it would be. Sorry but better to know than to wonder. But no, Soo Cheol will continue to make stupid lies and draw others into it as well. He crossed so many lines that I lost the count 🙈👎 In general both parents of Dan Dan pissed me off so many times, that they became my most disliked characters of all times. Old nonna is a piece of b**** and the father is a rising control maniac 😱😱



On the other side we have Park Dae Beom and Lee Se Ryeon who are one of the sweetest and craziest couples I've ever seen. I love them and they were a fantastic escape from their troubled parents. Maybe both Young Gook and Dan Dan were the protagonists in this drama but I was rooting for these two most! 💛💜 They literally just wanted to be with each other and have peace of mind. Did they really ask for much? I am happy that they found their happiness during the series and I could see how their love works well for them. I'm still slightly hopinh for a spin off with these two because it would be fantastic 😇

But no matter how much I love certain couples in dramas ... a Korean grandma will always win! Kim Young Ok is an amazing actress and the fact that she is still able to act in so many shows at her age completely amazes me. I admire her for her enthusiasm and energy 👌 I wish her many years of healthy life without worries. Long live the queen 😻


The deeper I entered the world of this series, the more I understood Wang Dae Ran and Jo Sa Ra. Their choices against Dan Dan weren't the best, but they had reasons and heartbreaking stories behind them. Maybe they were following the good of their children, but their approach was more understandable than what the hell father of live-in tutor did 😤 I totally feel the stories of these two and was happy that it finished well for them 😍 Both the late father's lover and the house manager had to go through a lot for their children to have their great life. They have devoted a lot to it, Sa Ra of course more, but sacrifice is sacrifice - always matters ✌


No matter how many series with the age difference in the lead role I see, I still cannot understand the Korean obsession with the partner's age. I understand that the differance between Dan Dan and Young Gook was significant but between Park Dae Beom wasn't so much younger than Lee Se Ryeon to make a fuss 😒

Despite the many negative comments on the Internet, check out this series. It is good - full of acting talent, realistic reactions, laugh, love and perseverance in striving for the happiness of oneself and loved ones. For those that are used to 16-episode-dramas - don't let the lenght of the drama scare you, you won't even notice when the drama finishes. It keeps on one's toes all the time 😁

Comments

Popular Posts