39. Thirty-Nine


Hello Son Yo-Jin, long time no see 😍
Since Something in the rain I haven't seen Yo-Jin in any dramas. I must say, I missed her. She is a wonderful actress with real acting sence. So far each of her creations were so truthful that I really didn't want to miss Thirty-Nine.

I have just started to watch it and all I know from the synopsis is that Cha Mi Jo (Yo-Jin), Jung Chan Young (Jeong Chan Young) and Jang Joo Hee (Jang Joo Hee) are best friends from high school and share every life experience. In a blink of time they are turning 40 and sidden events make them to think about what they want from life. As far as I have reached, drama seems to be quite slow pasted what makes the story to progress very naturally and that there is still a lot to unfold. I also have a feeling that it soon will get very emotional 👀 As my wedding is approaching (2 weeks left), it will take a while till I finish this drama but will definately come ASAP!


02.11.2022 10:28

Oh wow. This was such an emotional roller-coaster that I don't know where to start even. 
Yesterday was THE DAY, late in the evening I managed to finish Thirty-Nine and since Marriage Contract I have never cried more over kdrama character. Because 2 of my family members died of cancer, this topic was and is extremaly hard for me. Dramas that include cancers and final death of the character are avoided by me at any cost. Why did I watch this drama then you ask.... Because Deemalovesdrama was saying so many good word about this, and also there was a lot of others that recommended it 🙈 I honestly got tricked. I even read synopsis and I don't know why but no-where apeard a word "cancer" or "death". If I knew that this drama would go and finish like that.... sorry Son Yo-Jin but I would never watch it.

BUT! Every cloud has a silver lining 💜 Drama is extraordinary and certainly not for the young audience. The 12 episodes are filled with laughter, reflection, crying, awe, shock and, surprisingly, peace at the end. The story is amazing and super realistic those 12 hours are flying. The acting is top notch! It’s a well written and superbly acted story. The story is realistic and depicts circumstances that are unfortunately a part of life for some people. It shows how differently you can approach information about a friend's imminent death and how it changes the point of view on life. Certainly, at the time of writing this review, there are people in the world who are in similar circumstances. I wish them an attitude like Cha Young .... the strongest figure I have seen.


This emotional story of three dear friends is the definition how friendship should look like. These three ladies are literal family for each other as well as extended family for their families. Even though they have their romantic partners they will never be as important as girls are for each other. All the characters featured in the show, from parents to partners, are fantastically played out and you want to see them in the spin offs 😇

The intertwining of the issue of adoption of children in Korea, their successive treatment by adoptive families and later by others in adulthood was a stepping stone from cancer ... but unfortunately a sad stepping stone when it comes to the story of So Won (Seon Woo's younger sister). Adoption has never been and is never popular, but it occurs quite often in movies. Producers are probably trying to tame society with this possibility. Personally, I fully support adoption and I would like to be able to make  one day one child so happy 😌

Whether the show was about death, adoption or romance, everything was always perfectly balanced and real. I can not say anything bad about this series so I will only leave you with recommendation, but on the condition that you have strong nerves and kilograms of tissues (believe it - you will need them) 💘😱😭

Comments

Popular Posts