Love in contract


Park Min-Young was fantastic as Secretary Kim and this is another good role she played. I wasn't 100 100% convinced by her in in Forecasting love and weather but here she made a very authentic person out of her character. Drama has just finished and I am happy to say that it deserves 6,5/10 points. 

Attractive, charming and educated Choi Sang Eun was raised to be "the perfect wife" and so she does but in more unconventional way 😉 She works as a "professional wife" for those who need temporary wife and can afford her high prices. Faking marriages is a hard work but Sang Eun is a definition of the perfect partner and transforms herself into the perfect partner for each of her clients. It allows her to live the perfect single life, without being in real relationships. Now it's about the time to drop this job and enjoy living in Canada with her best friends who finally wants to be openly gay. But the last divorce won't be as quick as previous ones 😅

A five-years-long client, Jung Ji Ho, needs her for longer time to keep his social status and to help him with social gatherings as he is the definition of introvert. As she agrees to continue the contract for a little bit longer, faith makes her to be a fiancee of a superstar, Kang Hae Jin. Luckly those two husbands are neighbours right? 😂

But remember!
Monday, Wednesday and Friday for Jung Ji Ho
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for Kang Hae Jin 


I'm fresh out of the show's finale and I must admit that every minute spent on it was worth it. This is not another of a thousand dramas about two loves where it is difficult for her to choose. One of them is her past that she does not want to come back to, and the other is her future, something that she wants to be true for a long time 😍 When it comes to personal preferences Kang Hae Jin as he is totally my type .... apart from the cat 😐 I have a allergy like Sang Eun so Jamie/Amy would have to be transfered to Ji Ho 😅

When it comes to the cliches of love-triangle-romances we have 2. Totally different personalities of potential partners and a blooming love in a contractual marriage. I'll start with the second.
When you pretend to be a wife (even if it's only in the apartment) 3 times a week for 5 years .... sorry .... I don't know how terrible the partner would have to be for you to do not feel anything for him .... even for a short while 😅 Since Sang Eun chooses her clients herself, there must have been something in Ji Ho that attracted her to him 😜 Real life of a drama, it was only the matter of time for these 2 to fell in love.

I must admit that both male characters are very pleasant. When you get to know them more and more, they become more and more close to us and you want to be friends with them ... or be with them ^^ When Hae Jin was introduced to the show, I was afraid that he might be one of those secondary male characters who would creep after the leading female and step by step ruin leads' relationship. But no! 💜 he was super interesting character that brought more life into the serie. What's more, without him we wouldn't have any idea about Sang Eun's past. I knew that there had to be something odd happening in her past had she decided for a job like that but she truth was more than I expected 😔😕 Project Jamie WTFFFFFF 

From the beginning I didn't like brother of Hae Jin. I looked at him and know he was a ****😡😠 In meantime Madame Yoo gained a lot of my liking since the episode 10. I felt that she cared for Jamie/Sang Eun and was just showing it in a weird way but her story was a shock to me 😲 I won't say more about her as some of you might not see it all yet 😅


Fun fact that I got to know while reading about this serial wife 😅 In South Korea you get married at the state office and receive the marriage licence or first you organize marriage ceremony and then sign the documents. At the signing there is no need for the presence of the other people so you can just lie that you got married. Everyone is anyway going to believe you as there was an actual wedding party etc. 😅 When I think further about it, it isn't much different from what you can do in my country. Just add third option - get married in the church.

At first, I liked Sang Eun's concept as an independent woman who doesn't need a man to earn money and be happy. But when I thought about it again, I noticed that a lot of dramas had this concept included .... Thirty-NineSunshine of my life, Hometown Cha Cha Cha, Korean Odyssey, Why Women Love, Vincenzo, Tale of Nine-Tailed 🙈🙈 My fail here.


Apart from leading triangle, I supper drupper liked best friend of Sang Eun - Woo Gwang-Nam. I was surprised with the representation of LGBT themes. I despise how Korea treats gays, whether it is on a daily basis or in dramas but finally here they made it something normal and show that they also have lives! 👌 They divorced due to her work but I bet if she would do something else for living they would stay married forever. His story is touching and his reason to marry broke my heart. I’m glad they are  roommates. Big thumbs up for Woo Gwang-Nam and Sang Eun to be there for each other. He is a cheerful character that keeps LF sane between marriages😅😂

As you may notice, I fully recommend watching Love in contract 😁 The story takes unpredictable turns, has planty of hilarious scenes that must be spreaded and gives new ins and outs for korean society. It was a great pleasure and waiting for more dramas like that.

Comments

Popular Posts