Perfect and Casual


From the moment I saw the video on YouTube with the recommendation of this drama to the moment I started watching this series, it's probably been a year. Unfortunately none of my regular platforms had it available in my country! Eventually I found it by accident. While writing previous post I notived that MyDramaList has links to platforms where you can watch certain dramas 🙈🙈 stupid me never saw it. Did you see it ?! 

So! I have finally managed to see Perfect and Casual via MangoTV and I might stay on that website for a while because this drama was so light, nice and refreshing after 3 hreavy korean dramas. I needed that! 

Why did I want to see this drama so badly? Because of the story line and (first time in a long time in Chinese production) beautiful leading couple. Both of them are adorable but he just stole my heart 💙💚💛💜

Who are Mrs & Mr Cute?

Yun Shu is a final year statistics student. He tends to be late and is not the most organized person. On the day of the diploma defense, he is late for the final exam and has to wait another year to approach it in the same way. On the same day, she finds out that she was scammed with a deposit for an apartment and loses all the money left by her father's death. To make it even worse, due to the lack of a diploma finalizing the studies, Yun Shu cannot start a new job. Wow.... what else can go bad?! So.... as she is not a student anymore (her year finished), Yun Shu cannot stay at the dormitory and moves to hospital rooms where her best friend works till she figures her possibilities 😱

She meets there Si Nian. THE TEACHER THAT KICKED HER OUT FROM DIPLOMA DEFENSE ROOM BY BEING LATE! 😠 He asks her to play his girlfriend as his grandfather is very sick and his last wish is to see his grandson being with someone - Yun Shu has a pure heard and agrees to help. Si Nian is so focused on mathematics and statistics, which he teaches at the university, that he has lost the sense of feelings and can no longer think non-rationally. His grandfather, wanting to help him with this, hatched a plan for Si Nian to marry Yun Shu. Many situations that happen in succession support the grandfather's plan and the two end up in a contractual marriage 👀

 

The description of the series may be long but it's a summary of the first, maybe 2 episodes. I have omitted the details and many side situations, so feel at ease to watch them 😇😁 The essence of the series is that two completely different people as a result of fate end up as a married couple 😍 They are one of the most adorable couple I saw in the last few months (except Jang Uk and Mu Doek from Alchemy of Souls) and I like them both very much. they are extremely pleasant - although Yun Shu is sometimes too childish and incomprehensible for me, but it is bearable 😅 The actors play their characters so naturally thet you get the impression that you are watching scenes from the lives of real people 👌👍 His fascination with mathematics was quite exaggerated but still acceptable.

The beginning of the series introduces Yun Shu's two friends who are the first secondary couple. They were together before, now are friends but he still has feelings for her. Unfortunately this couple wasn't good. I must say it, I'm sorry but these two were one of the most annoying characters of I've seen in series. He can't get off his feelings and acts odd. She runs after every handsome guy 🙈 and complains all the time. But if I would have to pick one of them, it would be Lin Nuo. He eventually was able to see the world beyond the girl and came to his senses. He is lovely with patients 💖 and that scored points for me. Although the girl is extremely pretty, her character bothers me a lot and I don't like the fact that the last 4-5 episodes focus more on the secondary than the primary couple. 

The last couple was brought to the show by the wedding of the leads. Yun Shu's sister (Yun Lan) and Si Nian's best friend (Lu Yu) had already a small .... situation between each other before 😉😉 therefore the wedding encounter was quite awkward for them (and funny for us) 😆 I like these characters 100x more that Yun Shu's friends. Yun Lan and Lu Yu are as different as the main couple but diagonally - she is the cold and unapproachable one, while he is crazy and emotional. Their story is quite interesting and it was a shame to see the producers speed it up to fit in 24 episodes. First you only saw a few minor scenes per episode with them, and then almost half the episode. I don't like this layout. I prefer balance 😅😇


The series has 24 episodes and I really enjoyed it to the fullest. I practically devoured it until episode 17-18. The development of the story between Yun Shu and Si Nian was fun to watch and natural (with a nice speed-up so the series wouldn't be too long a.k.a. Lady in the Butcher Store). As I mentioned earlier, the last few episodes changed their dynamics and the main couple did not appear in them as often as before 😔 I didn't like it because I think their story was already interesting and it could be even better they had to have a long-distance relationship for 2-3 episodes as a result of certain decisions 😉 This change of focus spoiled the series a bit and if I had to watch this series again, I would probably rewind a few episodes.

Moving on to more technical matters, Perfect and Casual is my first (and probably not last) series watched on MangoTV. The site offers interesting productions and I think I'll do a post with recommended dramas in a while 😁

I rate the series 5.75/10. It would have been 6 if the producers had focused on sweet Yun Shu and handsome Si Nian. Perfect and Casual has nice background music and everyone is dressed so nicely it makes me want to go virtual Chinese shopping! Regardless of the dynamics of this series, I totally recommend it because it is light and sweet😍, perfect for casual evenings with a romantic husband (or not 🙈🙉🙊).

Comments

Popular Posts