The Glory


This drama started pretty disturbing, continued in heavy suspence and finished with style. Together with Alchemy of Souls, Under the Queen's Umbrella it becomes the best dramas for this year. As soon as I started to watch yesterday the second part I knew I won't be working much this Friday 😅 Luckly I work from home so didn't even have to hide. We all knew that the episodes 9-16 will be insane but what producets and Dong Eun did was more than that. The Glory is astonishing.


Quick summart of the story: 
Moon Dong Eun's dreams of becoming an architect were shattered when bullies forced her to drop out of school. Despite the brutal violence they used against her, Dong Eun did not give up and decided to live until the day when she would repay the torturers for destroying her life. 18 years after that, when the perturbators are building their great adult lifes, Dong Eun's revange plan has already begun. When the main abuser's child goes to elementary school, the former victim turns out to be the home-teacher. Perturbators do not expect that their lives are going to drastickly change. 


I started watching the drama at the same time as The Penthouse and within 2-3 days I saw so much bullying youth that I had only nightmares 2 nights straight! I never expected any drama to start so awfuly and painfully intense but finish so magnificantly 👌😵 Both The Penthouse and The Glory were fantastic but Glory's first part ended up with too big of a cliffhanger to write a review right after 8th episode. I had to wait until yesterday to see the second part and just as I expected - it was even better! 

Song Hye Kyo (as Moon Dong Eun) and Im Ji Yeon (as Park Yeon Jin) were beyond amazing. The way they conveyed the relationship between their characters, the emotions swirling inside and the madness in their eyes was all unforgetable. I already knew in Descendands of the Sun that Song Hye Kyo is a very good actress, but here ... paired with Im Ji Yeon, she is untamed 😈 She bloomed like a flower. Bloody flower hungry for revenge. Im Ji Yeon answered her call to fight. She perfectly captured the life of a psychopath which was organized by her mother. Whenever there was a problem, mother solved it. And not in the normal way - subterfuge, lies and shaman's works.

I don't know if I've ever seen such a well-created evil female character. I'm not just talking about Korean productions, but generally everything I've ever seen. Im Ji Yeon seems to have played role of her life as she was flawless from start to finish. 😌 But praise should also go to the young actresses that playes teenage versions of main characters Shin Ye Eun as young Yeon Jin and Jung Ji So as young  Dong Eun. They gave character and dynamics to the relationship of the main characters. These bearly 20-year-old actresses played their roles of torturer and victim very vividly .... to an extand that the scenes of burning the skin feels like they do it to your own skin.


Moving on to other perturbators. In the picture above from right to left: Son Myeong Oh, Jeon Jae Joon, Choi Hye Jeong and Lee Sa Ra. Each of them contributed to the destruction of the life of the main character and several other girls from high school. And I will reveal that each of them received the punishment they deserved. When it comes to their acting, they also did well because you hate them from the beginning of the series to the very end without a moment's hesitation 😁

With Son Myeong Oh, I had a moment where I wondered if maybe she should spare him. But that passed quickly 😑 The only person from this group that I feel sorry for is Choi Hye Jeong. Fact, she sinned and got hers, but at least she knew what she had done wrong and apologized. I felt sorry for Park Yeon Jin's husband and daughter as their life crumbled for a time but luckly they turned out quite well in UK. My husband was a rather positive character. He was placed between a rock and a hard place, between the wife who "betrayed" him with her behavior and the one who did not deserve such a fate.

The wonderful characters who helped Dong-Eun achieve inner peace were plastic surgeon Joo Yeo Jung (Lee Do Hyun) and ex-maid Yeom Hye Ran (Kang Hyun Nam). Both in their own difficult life situations. They were willing to make great sacrifices to deal a blow to those who had destroyed kindhearted Dong-Eun 😍


I don't know what else I could say about the series without revealing its content .... It's brilliant and that's probably the only thing that matters before you start watching it 😎

The script and the presented story are wholesome and I don't notice any plot holes or shortcomings. Main characters have great background and many of suporting cast is greately vowen into it 👌 I can't say a bad word about The Glory because everything was top-notch in it. But because I had several nightmares due to its script and I cannot move on to any drama as it was so good,  I will give The Glory score of 9/10 🙈🙊

If you have Netflix and you want to see something that will keep you awaken for a long while this it IT! Nothing lifts the heartbeat better than a revange goals 😉

Comments

Popular Posts