Hidden Love


48 hours, that's all I needed to see all this drama. It consumed me, I consumed it. Hidden Love is worth all its hype! 💛 There have been a few Korean dramas that hooked me from the first episode, but this is THE first Chinese drama to do so. When the series was added to the local Netflix, I had no hesitation to start watching it. So what if I was supposed to be at the vet in an hour - I'll watch it going to him! (doggina forgave 💖) Hidden Love is a drama that doesn't have a complicated script, it has clean characters with great backgrounds, we have full focus on the main couple and no villain. There are only them, feelings and their world. The simplicity was divine and deserves a strong 8/10 💕

Why do they hide the love?

Sang Zhi met Duan Jia Xu for the first time when she 14 years old and he home came after school with her brother. Boys became best friends and Jia Xu often came to her house to play games in her older brother's room. She fells in love with him from the first sight and not caring that he is in the age of her brother. Life situations makes them to lose contact but soon after she join the university in the city he is in, they meet again. Thanks to their day-to-day interactions and facing daily problem, they manage to build intimate relationship and fall in love .... but are afraid say it as agreed to treat each other like brother and sister ....
.... luckily the desire to be together prevails 💜 but they decide to temporarily hide their relationship from Zhizhi's family (especially her brother!) and think about the perfect plan to tell them.



Thanks to DeemaLovesDrama and her giant hype on Hidden Love I was cursing this country for not being able to watch it for week. One gloomy day the wonder occured and I was miraculously watch the drama. What Deema said - it happened .... I felt in love with this show as hard as Zang Zhi for Duan Jia Xu! 😍 I must be honest .... it took me almost 2 weeks to write this review because I couldn't get out of the lethargy in which he left me 🙈 The first version of the review had 2 sentences: "ivine cast and beautiful script. Go watch now." The next ones just got more "aaaah" and "ohhh" and many other sounds that I can't transcribe. However! I finally managed to collect my thoughts and put them into decent words 😎 Let's go with it!

The element that I liked most about Hidden Love is that it focuses fully on Zhizhi and Jia Xu. It's been a while since I was a drama like that. Especially chinese one! They always like to put secondary couples or involve other people in the lead's relationship like ex's etc. Here it all goes about THEM 👫 - from the moment they met, through their hardships, feelings development and personal growth. 

Zhizhi and Jia Xu met when she was an annoying 14 yo teen and he was almost an adult (19 yo). And here comes a nuisance - apparetly in China 5 years differance is a no-no thing 😂 For me 5 years differance is the best thing that could happen between me and my husband. If I would data a guy my age (and I did), I would definitely not be married, most likely even single 😅 In my opinion the age difference in a relationship gives it a better dynamic and allows a better use of each person's abilities. These couples complement each other better like Yin & Yang. So the second best thing in Hidden Love is Zhizhi and Jia Xu relationship.


The producers together with the main actress (Zhao Lusi), showed well how she matures. Her shy adoration towards Jiaxu changed into 100% chemistry and passionate kisses. Now that she's became an adult we can see the take-off of sweetness, hotness and the chemistry that literally do not leave you a chance of not getting butterflies in stomach 😍

I don't know what's better about there two - the chemistry or their physics or their genuine feelings towards each other. The cast selection for this show couldn't have been better 😇 I'm surprised about my own self because Hidden Love doesn't have the most complex story line, it is an adorable drama about a young girl in love with her brother's friend. It's simple as that. But the chemistry, acting and zero toxicity is overwhelming and seems to be able to win everyone's heart. 

I adore the naturality in acting. Chen Zheyuan and Zhao Lusi did hell out of a job in creating the male and female leads. I'm not an expert on Chinese actors. I haven't seen many c-dramas so it's hard for me to compare theirs performances from before to now 😊 Nevertheless, they have created breathtaking characters here and it will be a show that will not be covered by any other soon. As I mentioned before - it's been almost 2 weeks since I finished Hidden Love and now no drama can grab my attention. All the dramas I've started before Hidden Love, lost their sense. They've been completely eclipsed 😆🙈  Zhizhi and Jia Xu WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!

Sang Zhi's confidence in her feeling equals to Duan Jiaxu internal conficence and it was so refreshin to watch! They were genuinely impressive. Other producers should note that not every puppy love should be discredidted and not every parental trauma must make the male lead cold.


And the last thing that made me crazy about this drama is THE BROTHER! If I would ever have a brother I would dream to have one like Sang Yan 😇 I am a very happy single child and never imagined having sibling but sometimes when I watch movies or tv show like this one, I think "hm someone like that wouldn't be bad to have around." 

The character of the brother appeared often in the drama. He is actually a link and the very beginning of everything that happens between Zhizhi and Jiaxu. If not him and his invitation to Jiaxu to play games at his house, this love story would never take place. We all should be thank full to Yan for it! 😘😘😘😘 Victor Ma created a beautiful character of caring brother and a great friend. Sang Yan might seem and act like he despises his younger sister or hates his best friend for dating her but deep in his heart he was happy for them. Together with Sang parents they are creating an amazing family 💙


My heart is screaming on my brain for giving this drama just 8/10 points but we must be honest ... There is no innovative script, insane characters or emotion revel on advanced level. It is a divine love story with damn beautiful actors 😈

Ok... It has something nostalgic about and is melting at the heart like Because This Is My First Life and Hometown Cha Cha Cha. Both of these shows got 8.5 points ... in the same time 8 points got The Penthouse and Korean Odyssey which didn't grow as much on me as Hidden Love did. I feel my heart start to win this game .... I therefore decide to rise the rate to 8,5/10 😇

Hidden Love might be a cheesy lovestory about first love of a teenager and her dream coming true to be with that person plus him overcoming his past nightmares. The combination of this simple story with fantastic acting, great music and chemistry that I have not yet found in a Chinese drama turned out to be a recipe for success 💝 I can't find a thing here that I didn't like.... there wasn't an ounce of toxicity, dragged-out scenes, redundant memories. Just ready to bingewatch.

Comments

Popular Posts