July 25, 2024

V.I.P.


As much as I like Jung Na Ra, I wasn't convinced about her in this drama. I literally was struggling through the first 2 episodes and eventually dropped it. 

I was expecting VIP be engaging and breath taking as both previous dramas with Na Ra but it turned out to be boring and uninspiring. The story was biased, predictable and didn't bring any freshness to the subject. There is so many dramas about cheating husbands and VIP couldn't cope with the subject. At least not for me. I have a rule that if a drama doesn't draw me in after 3 episodes I abandon it. With VIP the second episode disappointed me so much that I lost all desire to watch more. Dialogues were incoherent, you can feel like the cast is struggling to work with them. It looked like noone checked them before filming started 😬

As I don't know the male lead actor, I don't know what to say about him other than that his performance was not realistic and convincing. Both he and Jung Na Ra struggled with their roles. In The Last Empress she was brilliant. So strong, expressive with emotions, real and convincing. Similar goes to Sell Your Haunted House where even though she was fighting ghosts her character was realistic, true and so full of emotions 😍 in VIP she totally lost it. Pity. None the less I'm looking forward to see her in My Happy Ending that not so long ago came to VIKI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © My Asian Dramas , Blogger