Shopaholic Louis a.k.a. Shopping King Louie


My first moments with the drama were very positive. I thought to myself "wow there are such a crazy characters here that my cheeks will soon hurt from laughing". Yes .... the beginnings were good, but unfortunately it finished here. Till it's half, the drama was pretty cool, refreshing and had an interesting concept, but the weirdness and crazines of the characters started to bother me and I ended up disliking the drama.

Shopaholic Louis (Seo In-Guk) is a Francebased successor of a vast business empire in South Korea but becomes homeless due to amnesia after accident. On the other side we have Koh Bok Shil (Nam Ji-Hyun), nature based girl who lives her live far away from money, fame and establishments. The two meet accidently in Seoul and decide to figure out what happened to Louis and how come he is wearing clothes of Bok Shil's brother.


This time it's going to be short as there is basically nothing to praise. 
Unlike to other reviewers, I focus on characters because they are the biggest problem here - not the story. Most of them are weird to the far extend, from clothes to behavior. A little weirdness in the show is never a bad thing, but when we have 5 or 6 characters who are constantly doing something out of this world - Hudson we have a problem 👎 The problem of repetition that ceases to be funny. This goes also to the dumb-silly faces that Louis presents throughout the series, 2-3 episodes with the occasional expressive facial expression? OK .... But 16 and it goes more and more per episode? Sorry but I can't take it.

Louis was too childish, Bok Shil was too pathetic, Cha Joong-Won was too weird, Baek Ma-Ri was too self absorbed. Only grandma Choi (holy Kim Young-Ok) was acceptable and nice to watch. I had never seen a drama where I didn't like any of leads or almost all secondary characters. It was my first drama with Seo In Guk and he was so bad that I will never come back to his performances. People praise him for doing an amazing job in the drama which I completly don't understand.

About amnesia situation. As they wanted to figure out what happened to him and Ko Bok-Nam why didn't they go to the hospital or report Louis at the police station?! Too logical hm 😤? 

The complete lack of chemistry between the leads as hard to watch. VERY HARD....🙈 Before I saw Nam Ji-Hyun in Suspicious Partner and 100 days my prince. Both dramas got 6,5 points from me and I really liked her characters there. But here, she went looooow ... shame. I hope she will pop up with another drama that will bring my thought of her acting skills back high.


Most what I think about the drama as been said so I will just wrap it up. The drama isn't the best and in general I wouldn't recommend it. There are much better dramas out there - like for example the 2 in mentioned above but if you want more suggestions, have a look at my Drama Ranking. Here the script didn't exactly hold it together. At one point drama was going into a mess, like the writers didn't know what to put into it. They were using the same clichés like sudden diarrhea, getting lost and waiting for the prince to rescue the princess, comedy of errors. Maybe if the storyline would go forward a bit faster, I would enjoyed it more but unfortunately it didn't. Characters did had their moments but only the beginning. 

 If you are searching for something silly, sure go for it but it is totally not my cup of tea. But don't get your hopes high 😉

Comments

Popular Posts