Rational life


If someone ever told me that in the future I would be a fan of Chinese series so much that almost every new Netflix series would fall on my waiting list, I would laugh at them 😆😂 Maybe it was because I didn't have access to platforms with Asian productions or maybe it was because in the past I was afraid to do something that others did not do. The pressure of peers in my town was quite strong 😬 I was already standing out with clothing style, add to that series that noone knows (+ from another continent) and you are screwed 💀 Fortunately, many years have passed since then and now I am a much more confident person who is definitely not afraid to say that she likes something that others don't 😊 In the end, I moved to another country, so I don't think I have anything to fear anymore😅😎

The series that I will be reviewing is also about a woman in an unfavorable society. Shen Ruo Xin is determined, ambitious and knows what she wants, she is just like many men wanted to be. And here lies her problem, in her society these is no man who would like to be with a woman of such characteristics. Still struggling with her stubborn mom who wants her to finally get married, Ruo Xin is done dating her cantidates. But fate likes to play tricks and Ruo Xin meets at work 2 men who strongly are interested in her but they couldn't be any more different from each other.

Here a hidden but fierce battle begins between the new boss, Xu Ming Jie, who admires Ruo Xin's achievements and wants to buy her attention by offering lucrative jobs and a position in the company. He is perfect - slightly older, high position, very good earnings and handsome 😍 But on the other hand, we have Qi Xiao, smiling 10 years-younger Ruo Xin's new assistant. He cares for her, makes her to step out of her comfort zone but not well positioned in life.


First of all.... we all know that she will choose the young guy 😂😅 but how these to will get to be together is quite a story. In the culture where age in the relationship is crutial, couple where lady is 10 years older than the guy has no way to live. Unless you are very persistant and sure of each other. This is not a show full of romance and lovey-dovey scenes. Rational Life is made for mature audience. 

The drama's dynamics, structure, characters, and overall development it's just top-notch. I love how romance is just the background and the attention focuses on amazing Shen Ruo Xin. Characters, or at least the important ones, are presented in many settings, from professional to private so that we get to know them well. What I love about their way of intorducing the characters is that they are not perfect, they are realistic and have their pros and cons. 

Leads are from different decades but this it not the core of the drama, it revolve around worklife and the, how colleagues can behave towards each other and how they chase their goals. I must say that Rational Life is the most office-based-drama I have ever seen 😆 They work (or at least these two do) and there is not time and place to be romantic here.


When it comes to the leads themselves .... I JUST LOOOOOOVE THEM. They are simply made for each other. I havent seen these actors anywhere else but definatelly one day will have a look into their portfilio because these to have a damn good talent 😇😈

Qi Xian's smile and funny faces are adorable and would make many women to fell in love with him. He is charming and cute but it doesn't take away from him being a proper grown-up 😎 He is not a stereotypical lead as much as she is not. One of the reviewers on MyDramaList quoted "When he smiles at me I feel… I feel like this cold world, this world that is full of rules and restrictions has become so warm. I don’t know if it’s love or not. Because I don’t know what the definition of love is. But I know one thing for sure. In all these years, he’s the only one... Who came into my heart."
By this drama Ruo Xin happened to be one of my most favourite characters and Qin Lan loved by me actress. She has so much charm and beauty that I cannot believe that this is only a drama character. It feel so realistic to look at that I have a feeling that Qin Lan is not much different to her creation. Combining vigorous and warm Qi Xian with cold and fierce Ruo Xin was a brilliant move. Leads learn from each other without losing their own personality. They are together but at the same time being a separate individuals. 

 

Pros: 
  • natural falling in love, not rushed, not pressured
  • no baby fights over stupid stuff
  • rational approach to life
  • sizzling chemistry 💋
Cons:
  • rushed ending with jumping in the future 
  • Ruo Xin's mother 😂
I don't think I could ever find better actors than Qin Lan and Dylan Wang to play these rols. They were just too good. Drama even though filled with problems and strict rules of life, was still comforting. 35 episodes in the world of Rational Life made it one of my favorite dramas that I rate 7,5/10. If this is the original Netflix series then bravo! It was a pleasure to watch 💜

Comments

Popular Posts