Hometown Cha Cha Cha - goes straight to my top 10 list


When the Hometown Cha Cha Cha was realized I wasn't sure of it. It didn't feel like an engaging k-drama. Dentist as a lead? Nah, thanks. I decided to watch it 3 days ago... yes. 3-DAYS-AGO! And I cannot believe that I discarded this drama. How stupid was I?! People.... If you have a free weekend, watch it. Its more than amazing. It's a drama masterpiece. Hometown Cha Cha Cha is not only great story and amazing leads (their gorgeous smiles) but also fantastic side characters that have so much deepness that I wish each household would have their own spin-off. When watch it, it feels like you live there with them, have the same seaview, clean the streets on Sunday mornings and drink the same bad coffie at local cafe. 


We can here 5 great actors:
  • (lead) Shin Min-A - that beauty is just amazing, I love her 😻
  • (lead) Kim Sun-Ho - his smile and eyes are just melting me 😍
  • Kim Young-Ok - she played in so many dramas that I have a feeling she is my own grandma 😅
  • Jo Han-Chul - not so liked after the role in Vincenzo but still an iconic character
  • Cha Chung-Hwa - always the crazy one in the drama

What is the drama actually about?

So, we have a beautiful and successful dentist Yoon Hye-Jin living in the Seoul who loses her job after she reasonable argument with the head doctor. Few days later on her mother's birthday she ends up in the idyllic seaside village of Gongjin. City girl not exactly fits the countryside environment and didn't make the best first appearance. Luckly she meets there jack-of-all-trades Hong Du-sik. He is the local Chief and takes care of everything and everyone and does every kind of job. Jobless Hye-Jin decides to open dental clinct in the village as they are lacking one. As the time passes she more and more adapts to the unique way of living in Gongijn and crosses her path several times with Du-sik that bursts in dislike-like-maybelove relationship😉


The drama, as anyother, is a pure love story but that what is behind that story is what makes it excelent. Du-Sik had the worst luck in family life possible. All his family members died till he reached 13 years old. Since then the people of Gongijn were his family and he hid loneliness deep inside his heart. On the way he participted in some traumatising events that marked him for life. Hye-Jin Is also not free of hard experiences. She also lost a parent and relation with the other one is not great either. The faith makes them to open up to each other and deal with demons of the past. 

Sound just sad but the psychological aspect of the series allows you to organize some things in your head. It is known that few, if any, will be as unlucky as Du-Sik, but the advice given to the main characters is very accurate and universal. Additionally, the side characters also have their own complicated stories and they are exquisitely woven into the episodes of the series.



The drama is so good and engaging that basicaly I couldn't stop watching. It took me simple 72h to watch 16x1h episodes. Time flies when you join Shin Min-A and Kim Sun-Ho a.k.a. Hye-Jin and Du-Sik in Gongijn. Theirs smiles are addictive 👌 and people so real that you want to eat with them dinner everyday. In 3 days unknown drama that I rejected at the begining, happened to be my current top 10 with a close-call with 😍 forever the best Crush landing on you. I was lucky to watch it during the weekend because otherwise my work would be definately affected. I'm giving it 9/10 points as because it's too short 😆


Comments

Popular Posts